• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Can you eat tortilla wraps??????

pinkylin

Reason im asking im goin on hol in august and where goin to our fave pub while there and i used to get burger and chips but cant eat that anymore lol so ive looked on the menu and they do a chicken wrap do you think i would be able to eat this?

I will be 9months post op then and i can eat a small peice of toast now its the seeded batch type tho so do you think i would be ok with this or will it be to heavy do you think?

Hi Lin,

I'm just coming up for 9 months now, so same stage as you will be when you go on holiday. I havent tried a wrap yet, but think I would be OK. Dont think I would manage a full one though.

no i dont think i would either hun lol i can only just about manage one peice of small toast haha and i still cant eat a whole ww frozen meal and yet b4 i had op i would of looked at that and sed is that me starter hahahahahaha

oh dear thanx hun well im not tryin till nearer the time i think what i will do is try one at home first and if that goes well then i knw what to have but if not i think i will stick to soup lol

i can eat them, but i find them very filling!
i ate the at your stage, not much though, about 1/4 of a ww one, which are small... you could get it, and eat the filling and nibble on the wrap.

try it at home before you go. i find that it fills me up very quick and usually i have eaten just one mouthfull too much before i realise im full and it causes me some discomfort, so i now leave longer between mouthfulls just to make sure im not full before i chomp down abother bite!

.x.

I have had a couple now. I know I'm a Sleever but the same rules apply to me.

They are fine for me but I can't eat a lot of one. You're doing the right thing, try a little in the privacy of your home but then don't think 100% it will be fine as I find things change quite regular still over 10 months post op. 'Generally' it will be good and hope it works for you :)

i have had the chicken wrap from weatherspoons, well me and my bf shared one, i ate the fillin first which was just chicken and salad, and nibbled on the wrap. x

I dont eat bread and so I classed wraps as the same as it and didnt eat them. I thought that they offered nothing but carbs but hubby noticed they the ones we get offer around 5g of protein per wrap and as I was determined to up my protein I decided to try one at home. I started out with a tiny nibble of a corner and chewed it to death. That went fine, a bit later I tried a little more and again it was fine. I felt bad to be trying them though so I stopped but then last week I decided that if I filled them with high protein foods then I could allow myself a couple per week and then a more varied food style would be mine, I could eat in more places and be fine, so I got one of hubbys wraps and filled it, with bacon and lettuce I think and over the course of around fifteen minutes I ate it. I chew chew chewed and managed a whole one, which shocked the life out of me. It stayed down brilliantly. The next time I tried I couldnt finish a full one so we got in small ones and I am fine with those. I enjoy them and they are very filling and I am very happy that I can tolerate them. Even with the protein in them I feel bad about the carbs they contain so I am determined to only have them once or twice a week as a 'treat' meal and that suits me fine.
So I would say to try them. Start off with a tiny corner and chew them well and swallow only tiny bits. Build up to them and you might tolerate them.
My attitude was that I should try them and if I threw them back up then at least I had tried and so wouldnt feel as though I was fully limiting myself and the risk has paid off.
Good luck with them and when the holiday comes around...have fun xx
Steph xx

thanx guys this info has helped me cheers i think i will defo try and home first and if i cant tolerate them i will just get one anyway and eat the filling lol i wasnt expecting to be able to eat a full one anyway as i knw what im like with other foods and i knw i cant eat much of them lol

ive just managed to eat 4 melba toast with chicken and lettuce on and this has shocked me as i cant norm eat that much but then again i can eat more some days and others hardley anythin its weird isnt it i sometimes wonder how some peeps who regain alot of the weight back i wonder how if you can only eat tiny amounts how is this possible the thought of gainin bk all my weight frightins the life out of me i really do hope and pray my pouch doesnt grow to big coz i dont want to be able to eat loads again lin.x

Lin, as you know i'm pre op! But i remember naughtypuppy eating a wrap when she was only a few months out (i think it lasted her the whole day and was the only thing she ate) but she deffo ate one!

Have a lovely holiday xx

steph, soya and linseed bread by burgen also offers protien, and is a gret sorce of fiber, i find if i stop eating it i uhhh... stop going lol

why is it you dont eat bread? just personal preferance? as i thought bread was evil (from my atkins days) but my dieticians have bugged me so much about how i need the startches i now really enjoy a lovely seeded bread, none of this white bread stuff, bluuurgh no taste!
Carbs are not the enemy! :)

.x.

Carbs are not the enemy! :)

.x.

Couldnt agree more with this! Whilst we are told the importance of getting plenty of protein, most dietitians agree that a balanced healthy diet is the key to long term success.

I'm not a huge bread fan since my op (weird, because I couldnt get enough of the bloody stuff pre-op) but ruling out any particular food group is bad for us. Because I dont tend to enjoy bread so much these days I do ensure I get my carbs from potatoes, pasta, rice and of course fruit and veg.

Everything in moderation!

thanx phatoma i will hey sam i eat seeded batch but i only eat it as toast do you think i would be able to eat it as bread or do you think it would get stuck? also i did have half a muffin ther other day toasted well nearly half lol and i was ok with that so i think i would be ok with the tortila wrap dont you?

I can eat half a wrap, but I tend to just take out the filling and leave the bread.

I love the boots mexican bean wrap :)

thanx phatoma i will hey sam i eat seeded batch but i only eat it as toast do you think i would be able to eat it as bread or do you think it would get stuck? also i did have half a muffin ther other day toasted well nearly half lol and i was ok with that so i think i would be ok with the tortila wrap dont you?

when i have bread it is more often than not warburtons seeded batch and I nearly always have it toasted. I have had it as it is in a sandwich as well but cant manage so much.

what I do love is to get a small baguette/french stick. Break off about 3" and then rip all the doughy bit out just leaving the crusts. Then fill the crust with some thing yummy like prawn cocktail and salad. Really filling/satisfying if you know what I mean. I love that feeling of eating a meal and feeling satisfied, as opposed to stuffed when I was pre-op.

Personally I think you will be fine with the wrap, but as others have suggested, have it at home first, and dont be surprised if you cant manage a full one. A full one is prob about 4 times the size of your pouch!

I tried my first wrap today and managed it just fine in stages. i'm 4 months post op but I have had two stretches and can seem to eat most things with no problems.

thanx rose will giv that a try i think.x

when i have bread it is more often than not warburtons seeded batch and I nearly always have it toasted. I have had it as it is in a sandwich as well but cant manage so much.

what I do love is to get a small baguette/french stick. Break off about 3" and then rip all the doughy bit out just leaving the crusts. Then fill the crust with some thing yummy like prawn cocktail and salad. Really filling/satisfying if you know what I mean. I love that feeling of eating a meal and feeling satisfied, as opposed to stuffed when I was pre-op.

Personally I think you will be fine with the wrap, but as others have suggested, have it at home first, and dont be surprised if you cant manage a full one. A full one is prob about 4 times the size of your pouch!

thanx sam im not expecting to b able to eat a full one to b honest and i dont really want to b able to either as im terrified of ever regainin any weight bk so the less i can eat im happy with lol

thanx jaxx.x

Back