• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What is dumping?

This is a bypassers problem, from what I have read if they eat too much sugar it affects there body heart racing and things xx

Gastric dumping syndrome, or rapid gastric emptying is a condition where ingested foods bypass the stomach too rapidly and enter the small intestine largely undigested. It happens when the small intestine expands too quickly due to the presence of hyperosmolar (having increased osmolarity) food from the stomach. "Early" dumping begins concurrently with or immediately succeeding ingestion of a meal. Symptoms of early dumping include nausea, vomiting, bloating, cramping, diarrhea, dizziness, and fatigue. "Late" dumping happens one to three hours after eating. Symptoms of late dumping include weakness, sweating, and dizziness. Many people have both types. The syndrome is most often associated with gastric bypass (Roux-en-Y) surgery

This is a bypassers problem, from what I have read if they eat too much sugar it affects there body heart racing and things xx

Not just a bypassers problem.

Up to 40% of sleevers "dump" and I am one of them.

Dumping by bypassers is caused by a different reason. The dietitian told us people dump before any surgery. Like after a large meal when you feel sick or sleepy. It's a type of dump.

Or, eating high sugar after being a strict diet causes something like dumping.

But dumping by bypassers is sugar or fat entering the intestine in a high quantity, the body tries to dilute it and absorb it and floods the intestine to do it. Hence you get varying degrees of dumping.

My dietitian said you have small dumps and big dumps too. Anything from a bubbling stomach to all but passing out.

Back