• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What is it like?

Lisav

For the first days after surgery? Can you "feel" you've had a band put in? Is there any difference at all with eating even if you don't have any restriction? Trying to imagine how I'll be feeling in a months time and I realised that even though some of you don't experience restriction immediately, I wondered if it feel different? Thanks!

Hi Lisa
For me it felt different as soon as woke up from the surgery I no longer felt hungry. I was surprised with this especially after not eating for 24hrs. The morning after surgery they made us have some porridge and I remember having 2 spoonfuls. To be honest I never felt hungry for quite a while after the band even with no fill and especially when it was filled. It's only now 2 years 3 months later that I now feel hungry all the time. I've had some problems with the band though and I'm hoping they are almost sorted out now.

I'm 3 weeks today since having mine! I don't feel any restriction but I'm not that hungry now either! It is mind over matter I think! You will be on liquid only for a couple of weeks anyway while healing then on purée for another couple of weeks! I had 3 ml put in at surgery too! Once going onto sloppy food I have had no loss in weight at all till today where 2 lb has shifted! So total loss is 1st 2lb! I didn't have to do a pre op diet but started 2 days before surgery on fluids only! X

When I woke up I didn't feel any different ( apart from bruised and wind etc) I just made sure I followed the rules and the hunger took a while to come to me as well.

Eeek! Cant wait! I was expecting you all to say you felt no difference at all until the first fill! Thank you!

I think alot of the initial feeling is down to you just having had major surgery! You will notices difference once you eventually get back onto solids but do also be prepared to fix the head! Lol! I started as I meant to go on by choosing healthy foods and tea plate portions with little snacks. Paid off (even though now struggling on my last stone) :) xx

I felt different immediately as everything was so swollen around my band. I had no hunger at all...it was fantastic. But then as things calmed down my hunger came back and of course you can eat anything really until you band gets filled slowly. Slow is good cos then you don't get overfilled and you take time to get your head right too. Just enjoy the loss of those horrible growling hunger pangs!

I am 4 days post op with a band, so far, I have not felt hungry at all, just pain and bruised.
Although it does fell very odd only having 1/4 pot of yogurt because I don't want anymore!
Good luck x

Back