• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What Way Will I Feel After My 1st Fill?

vanilla-cupcake

Hi, will everything change once I have my 1st and subsequent fills?

Im able to tolerate pasta, will that maybe change after my fills?

I dont really feel much different, im just eating less than before and thats not down to restriction or anything thats just me putting less on my plate even though I could eat more, im just trying to be good and not put on any weight!

I had my first fill last week, they put in 2mils . They then asked me to sip water to see if it would go down ok. I found the water was stuck at the back of my throat so they took our 1 mil leaving me with just 1mil added.

I now regret getting the 1mil out as I don't feel I have very good restriction at all.

Not sure whether to wait and see or go back for another one. I paid privately with THG so I only have 4 fills included in the price.

Totally confused as to what to do.

Just make sure you are comfortable with the fill before you leave the Clinic.

Hi, will everything change once I have my 1st and subsequent fills?

hi kate, what will change is portion control and you should be more satisfied of denser foods.

Im able to tolerate pasta, will that maybe change after my fills?

you may still be able to tollerate pasta some people can and some cant, if you can still tollerate it, then i would think it will be a very small quantity, eat to much and it will make you sick.

I dont really feel much different, im just eating less than before and thats not down to restriction or anything thats just me putting less on my plate even though I could eat more, im just trying to be good and not put on any weight!

if you feel like you can eat more then you definatly need a fill as the food will be just dropping through the band into the lower stomach instead of staying in the top pouch for a considerable time giving the full feeling for longer, you should start to feel some form of restiction after your fill x
liz xxx

Hi there

With each new fill you will find you have to relearn what you can and cannot manage.

There is no prescribed feeling, as everyone is different.

But as the band is tightened, there will be things you can no longer eat.

I had my first fill 3 weeks ago and had 6 ml. It had no effect and I could eat as much as I wanted. Had second fill on Thursday so up to 7.5 now. Still on liquids until tomorrow so will let you know how the restriction is then.

I was the same as you. Really worried that I didn't have any restriction. But I now know it can take up to 4-5 fills to get the sweet spot.

I feel I can now eat more than ever. Its like I didn't even have surgery, don't mind a fill.

I think I'll have to get in touch for another one. Also only lost 1lb this week since fill last week. Thats the least I've lost since surgery.

i didnt notice much difference untill my second as my first fill was tiny , for a few days after a fill it can be really tight then it does ease off to what it be as i think the tummy reacts to the fill

I'm worried I'll put back on some of the weight I have lost so far.

Gonna phone THG for another fill.

Is it normal to have just 2 weeks between fills ?

Ask you provider as mine says 2 weeks is good between 1st and 2nd fill. I had 3 weeks because I went to see take that and didn't want to be on liquids.

Back