• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What is wrong with me!

dimond

I'm sure I'm the only person who's had surgery and not lost weight. Only lost 3lb on 2 week op diet and swear never cheated. 4 days after surgery put 1lb on only having liquids. Im now on liquidised pureed food. IM frightened to get weighed again as I'll be gutted if I havnt lost anything. Has this happened to anyone else? :-:)cry:

It's not just you, I put on 7lb following my surgery, but my nurse said that it is due to all the gas that thy pump into your abdomen, and all of the swelling around your tummy, and this will go eventually. I share your pain though, I have heard that some people lose a stone per week to start with but I've only lost an average of 4lb per week, and like you, I've never cheated. I know its different or everyone, And i keep telling myself I am only 3 weeks post op and it will get better. Most of the weight I've lost was due to the pre-op diet. Hang in there Diamond, I am sure it will be fine. Xxxx

You will get there Girl, we are all diffrent, but you can't possible not lose weight in time.
I wish you well.. ( I know you can do it) xx

Just posted on your other thread dimond.. But agree with the others not to worry, apparently it is really common to actually gain weight just after the op and also really common not to lose anything the first week or two. I have only lost a few 1bs also this second week, would have liked it to have been more, but maybe if we start slowly, we will pick up the pace a bit further along. my dietician told me to try and increase my protein intake, so am having whey protein isolate shakes now, to supplement my protein intake and get it up to around 60 grams per day so hoping this will help a little with the weight loss..

Aww thanx I thought it was only me. I might start with shakes aswell. How are people eating? R u weighing your protein eg chicken, purifying that then adding vege? I'm confused with it all. Maybe Im not eating enough! X

Everyone's body is different for sure. I've heard of weight gain after the op, of not losing on pre op and everything in between. The hardest thing is when we compare ourselves to others. I had good loses in the beginning but everything is slowing down now where as you've still got those loses to come, your body catches on one way or another eventually I promise. When you've recovered more and you are on solid food, if you are still struggling it might be worth talking to your dietician but when you are in the early days like this, it's just matter of waiting for your body to catch up with your mind. Like Amanda says keep your protein up and also make sure you are drinking lots of water. Best of luck, hopefully you will see the pounds starting to drop off in the coming weeks :) x

Thanks Shelley, I don't know what I'd do without this site xxx

Until I knew what I was doing I followed my diet sheet from hospital, we weighed everything out blended everything up until i got used to what a portion was for me, I know now by looking at a portion. It does take a while to get your ehad round it my hubby and daughter sorted all mine out the firts week till I could take over, just like starting ww for the 1st time, shopping n planning what you can have. xx You doing brill xx

There's nothing wring with you chick its perfectly normal, most folks put on weight with anaesthetic, drips, meds, swelling, fluid retention ... Give it a month then hop on and wait to break out in a smile.. . Follow your plan, sip sip sip and all will be well :) xx

I'm an obsessive weigher...my surgeon has given up trying to stop me weighing myself every day. But he did warn me that following surgery I would gain weight. I was so pleased he told me that or I'd have been devastated. Something to do with all the stuff they pump into you during the op.

I only lost 7lbs pre op. But then it did start going down; fast at first, but then oh so slowly, and I had my first stall at only 2 weeks out.

Dimond - I have said this on here before, some of us are hares and some of us are tortoises. The main thing is that the finish line is the same for both, a racing start doesn't mean first to goal!! You will be fine, just keep smiling knowing the mechanisms are all now in place and will start working better as you recover. I am 3 weeks post surgery and have to keep reminding myself that my scars look better but there's still another 3 weeks repairing inside at least! Im just plain impatient too! Tracey xxx

Tracey, how very true. I am 3 weeks 2 days post surgery and expected to look similar to Beyonce by now, and get disappointed every time I look in the mirror (maybe I should lower my expectations). I have just got to think that every LB I lose will take me closer to goal, and this isn't gonna happen overnight. I'll think of your hare and tortoise analogy, in my moments of doom and gloom.
Xxx

HI Dimond just been looking back at my weights from op day, was 22stone when i went in after op was 22stone, my 1st weeks loss was 7lb,6lb,3lb,2lb,4,lb,3lb,5lb,1lb,3lb,5lb,1lb,4lb,2lb,stall,4lb,4lb,1lb,2lb, stall that was from August 20th 2011 till Xmas (end of Dec) That left me at 17 stone 13lb. Since then I have lost more but only bits here and there with lots of stalls in between, I am now 15 stone 6lb, so it has took me from JAN to now to lose 21/2 stone, I am still doing very much tha same, more active but similar foods and amounts, just got to bite the bullet and follow the rules it will come off in fits n starts. Hope that is of some use to you. xx

It is Chrisa and thanx and thanx to everyone else. i wish i was told about it by my surgeon then i woulnt have paniced. Everyone is doing very well and i will defo consider myself as the tortoise lol xxx

It is Chrisa and thanx and thanx to everyone else. i wish i was told about it by my surgeon then i woulnt have paniced. Everyone is doing very well and i will defo consider myself as the tortoise lol xxx
Like I said it has taken me from January uptil today to lose 2stone 8lb, you will lose the bulk of your weight in the 1st 6mo nths theysay so do your best and follow the rules, you will be amazed once it starts to drop off and drop it will but get sarted on the walking and get ready to start toning up once you are all healed. xx:kissass:Just love this xx;)

Back