• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

This would be my luck! is it normal so soon after surgery ?

emma-louise

my new life!!
hi all..

right...yesterday I went to boots to get weighed,I told myself I was going to get weighed every 2 weeks,but yesterday it was a week.
In one week Id lost 1lb !! how this possible after surgery only being 3 weeks??I could have had a better loss on a diet!
has this happened to anyone else early on...sob sob

Whoa, don't panic! I am one week out today & have lost 2 lbs since last week, the day of my op. But, you need to remember, you would have been pumped full of fluids for the op, which can take a few weeks to get out of your system, I have found I'm also 'bunged up' now too (it's not paying any rent but I bet it weighs something!!!!); it's also TOTM for me this weekend & I retain fluid terribly, plus, you probably would have really eaten very little so far, which can affect how much/how little you can lose. It's a pound off, ok a slowish start, but a start nonetheless. See what happens next week xxx

we all put weight oin during the op throug the fluids and air etc....perfectly normal...give it a little time and it will be falling off you :)

From what Ive seen on here a small loss or a stall can inevitably be followed by a large one the week after :D You might get a nice suprise from the scales next week XX

Emma, do not stress i had a great loss my first week, not bad the second but this week i've lost NOTHING my period is a week late its there but not arrived yet if you get me!!And i feel fat and swollen and once again full of regret......but hopefully next week will be better for both of us!! :D

any weight loss is better than none and im sure things will start shifting soon i was very bloated etc after surgery.
i do find that when weighing yourself do the normal things use the same scales,
same clothes, time,day these all help.
also do your measurements as somestimes we change in shape rather than weight
good luck on your journey
kerryx

Dont Panic!!!!!! I stalled on week 3,4 AND 5 and then went onto a steady loss of 2/3 lb a week now im 11 stone lighter!!!!

Like everyone says "Don't panic!" I had a great first week loss, slow after that - I thought that something hadn't worked, that my bypass had went wrong etc. but steadily the weight is coming off - 5 weeks and I've lost over 2 stone. I'm hoping that a slow steady weight loss and some exercise will cut down any lose skin issues.
Good luck, I bet the weight starts dropping off you soon!

Same with me first wk i lost 8lb second wk nothing boo hoo. It does make you think its not working but after everybodies support on here i'm sure it will :rolleyes: hopefully :) xxx

Hi,

Dont worry about it. I was very naughty and weighed myself on the day I got home from hospital and I had put 4 pounds on. Its all swelling and water retention. Its bound to take time for our bodies to get back to normal. I have started to loose now though although I have a band so loosing slowly.

Hi dont worry i put weight on my first week, lost weeks 2 and 3 then stalled weeks 4 5 and 6, our bodies get such a shock its gonna happen.
xxxxxx

This is what makes it slightly difficult for me...
I thought (I know, stupid) but I thought that somehow I will keep loosing 5-6lbs a weeks till I loose all the weight in 6 months...

But it just shows. First week I lost a lot of weight, and now I loose only 1-4(if I am lucky) lbs a week. There was a week when I lost none.

I guess it is just the way our body works.

Don't despare, you will loose the weight. And that is what is importaint!

thanks all for your replies...I guess Im being silly!
its better to come off slowly,so I dont have skin and hair problems..x

I had weeks like that, just chill it will come off! My loss has been slow compared to others but we'll get there in the end! Chin up girl xx

as all have said, DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT!!, i believe my weight didn't just fall off at first, but look at my numbers now....slow and steady, don't get caught up in the whole ''i should be losing 18 lbs a week and anything less is a failure and i must be doing something wrong, or i'm eating too much syndrome!!'' YOU'RE NOT!!

you're on the path, continue to follow it...so says grasshopper!! ;)

Back