• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

if it feels ok...

FEDup1981

I WILL look like this!!
can i still be eating too much?

(before anyone replies - i dont want anyone telling me how bad i am, what bad habits i have already etc)

I am 12 days post op bypass, and i can eat soft cooked vegetables that dont need to be pureed, aslong as i chew well. I can eat a small tea plate size meal, or a small tin of ww soup, or 3/4 of a normal size tin.

As soon as i feel that restriction i stop, and i have never been sick.
And i feel fine, im just worried about how well i can eat so soon after the op?

Does anyone know how i can eat more protein and less carbs tho?

Thanks Gaynor, yeah pain is inder control with that patch, what a difference. Apart from that pain id be ok. District nurse is coming tomorrow to remove clips. I just feel like im eating too much, even tho it feels ok! x
Not long til friday!! xxx

I can't wait now to get it over and done with lol. I'm doing ok on pre op because I changed it a little with being diabetic. The weights dropping off though so thats good. This time next week I'll be texting you asking for your patches lol. You'll probably hear me whingeing at your house lol.xxxGaynorxxx

I think it was mrs cakey bun who started a thread a couple of days ago re. protein. I found the replies really helpful.

Hi
glad you r feeling better. This all depends on your diet sheets at St Richards you come home on soft food - their diet sheet says shepherds pie/soft veg/fish pie/porridge etc they seem to not do the liquid/puree stage at home coming so it is not wrong - just different and if Shaw Somers is fine with it I certainly am so I wouldnt worry. but as always do what YOUR brigade say not mine xx

I can eat a teaplate of a meal too.

Protein wise ideally 85g -100g per day depending on what you want your weight to be - shakes are a good bet ( dont worry I didnt dump on a shake it was the fruit juice !! Thanks Nic !!)

- if you blend them with some ice and a TINY ie one/two bits frozen fruit and not much water and only pulse on and off not full blend else they go to froth they are good, most protein powders are 25g per scoop and you can add sugar free syrup to change the flavours , protein puds sugar free are 18g ( like angel delight ) you can make latte out of a vanilla powder just mix the powder with a bit of water get a paste then add hot NOT boiling water and coffee, same with doing a hot choc with a chocolate powder !!

Make ice pops with the made up drink - Nectar protein 25g per scoop again is good as it is like a fruit juice, and just bought some of those protein fruit juice shots the have 42g protein in - soft cooked eggs, meat, fish and seafood all good.

So I have 3 protein drinks a day be it shakes, latte.hot choc, ice pop etc and make sure every meal however small has protein in it and I am not doing 'bad' carbs - white bread pasta potatoes etc which is good because they seem to not agree with a lot of bypassers anyway !!! and to be honest I dont miss them and I have loads of energy.

good luck xxxx

Thankyou everyone for ur comments, except the ANNONYMOUS REP COMMENT.
I'll have a look at the link in a sec wanda, thanks.

Great post Starry! I agree, Fedup, try and keep your protein up. In early days, if you take in lots of protein you will heal faster which means feeling better sooner!

Take care,
Nic;)

Really interesting post glad to see I can eat eggs when the time comes as eat alot of those as not a big meat eater
Will like Wanda join the food diary site once I have had my op done
thanks for all the info

Love Jay xx

Fedup if you are getting abusive anonymous rep comments then report them to admin.

Hiya
I am a bander, not bypass, but the dietician I see reccommended a cookbook where the menus are based on high protein meals. I have done a couple and they aren't too bad at all. I got the book off of Amazon and its called "Eating Well after Weight Loss Surgery". It covers banded and bypass patients, and tells you how much of each menu you should eat, depending on what stage of recovery you are at etc.

Regards

MNL:)

Shell- Admin are aware hun. They are dealing with it, tho i havent heard anything back yet. But very annoyed about it, especially as i am NEVER rude to anyone.
Mynewlife - ill have a look at that book thanks hun. Is it simple food, or fancy rubbish?

whos been doing that, what did they say ?

whos been doing that, what did they say ?

Dunno who it was, they werent brave enough to own up. But it went along the lines of, why post a thread if you dont want to hear what people have to say, you only want people to say what you want to hear, its wrong and you know it :(, blah blah blah.

Im never rude to anyone, and expect the same in return.

hey fedup it will only be some jellous ass ole that thinks they know it all, ignore em !

liz x

mindless idiots!!!
don't let it upset you, everyone is different and so what one person can tolerate another can't. Plus as with the pre op diets, everyone os having surgery at different hospitals and so will get different advice pre and post surgery depending on the surgeon etc so one surgeon might like his/her patients to be strictly on liquids only for a month and some surgeons want their patients to go onto soft food right away. I would ring up your team who did your surgery and ask for their advice. I think that would make you feel better.
I had a big arguement with my sister yesyerday as she doesn't agree with people being allowed WLS on the NHS as she thinks it is cosmetic surgery. What a stupid bi*ch. I was fuming when I got home. When I asked her if people who drank should be allowed a liver transplant she said that was different cos they had organ failure.ohhhhhhhh some people just annoy the hell out of me and can be so narrow minded. Bearing in mind she smokes and drinks to excess....lol If only the shoe was one the other foot hey!!
Rant over....lol
The point I was trying to make was no matter what you do in life there will always be someone who thinks they know better than you to critisise and pull you down. Rise above it all and do what is best for you and what makes you happy!!

Take care

Lins
xx

Back