• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What lead you onto this journey...

DukeAmirOften

I hope you don't mind me asking but as i am very new to this and my head is absolutely 'bursting' with all the research, i thought it may be helpful for me to read peoples different stories. I would love to know how your weight gain started over the years, how you came about deciding upon WLS etc etc. If this has been done before i am so sorry, just post me the link!
Thank you, Mandy x

Hi Mandy I'm exactly the same - so much info and advice. I'm still not really sure how to find my way round the site. I post things and then can't find them to see comments - just me having blonde moments. Good luck xx

I know :D i am still finding new sections off the site every day! We'll get there, it is better to know to much than nothing at all, we dont want to go into it blind lol. Good luck to you too xx

Far too much fast food and bad food choices accompanied by three children and little or no exercise lead me to where i am today. Which is just over 5stone lighter and one heck of a lot fitter....

Any questions you feel free to ask away, on the board or in private i don't mind which...

I have had a warped relationship with food for as long as I can remember. Spent my 20's and early 30's yo yo dieting but always putting on lots more than I ever lost. I made a few half hearted attempts to lose weight in my late 30's but a combination of comfort eating and gallstone attacks meant I never stayed on diets very long. Last year I referred myself to the Eating Disorders Clinic in an attempt to sort my head out but halfway through I was sent to hospital for tests as I have oedma in my legs. The conclusion of the tests was that my "shape" was restricting the flow of fluids in my legs and the consultant there suggested that I should consider wls. Up until this point I had always said to myself that I would consider surgery only as a very last resort as I was absolutely petrified ( I have never had an operation or even had any serious illness). However the thought of living the rest of my life with the discomfort in my legs when I could do something about it meant that for the first time ever I started to research the options. I found this site amongst others and soon wished that I had researched it earlier. Suddenly it became obvious to me that this was something that would really help me get my life back on track.
I am still attending the eating disorders clinic as I believe it will help me with the head stuff which unfortunately does not go away with surgery. I have told them my decision and they are being very supportive.
The hardest thing now having made the decision is the wait. But I know I have had it extremely easy so far and I also know that the brilliant people on here will make the wait bearable :)

I was a chubby child, I remember people talking about me and saying its puppy fat, i did slim down until I had my 2 children then I started 20 years of yo yo dieting getting fatter all the time. Had my band last year after realising that I was never going to do it on my own. Best thing I ever did.

Back