• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What made you decide to have weightloss surgery?

why surgery ?

Hi my name is julie and surgery is my last option i have tried everything and every pill on the market and my doctor decided that this was time and i cant wait. i have researched everything and just cant wait .i am fed up being fat sad and miserable and i wana see my kids grow up happy and healthy xx

hiya,

i went to the doctor about my infertility and i no that if i lost weight my chances of becoming pregnant would increase dramatically....

i said i keep trying with diff diets, works for a few weeks then i give up...he suggested WLS!

i honestly had never thought of it before to be honest!

i went to see bariatric nurse, and i decided to go away and try dieting on my own.........went to dietician at GP's , she gave me xenical.... after two months it really wasnt working so went back to nurse.....now iv got my appt on weds with consultant...hopeful to have a band fitted in Nov!!

cant bloody wait!!!!

I decided upon having surgery after getting to a point where I was too big to exercise, I was starting to want to stay in all the time, all I was doing with the kids was taking them somewhere and sitting down and letting them amuse themselves. School friends were starting to take the pee out of the kids. I was struggling to go anywhere and feel comfy. I don't want to go to peoples houses and take my shoes off because I couldn't get them back on without a struggle!

I also wasn't getting any younger. 38, the mind of a 25 year old, the body of, well, forget that bit!

Plus, for once, being blissfully happy with my partner and life in general!

I had never had a long term relationship until I had met my present girlfriend. I'd gone through life living by myself, loads of failed relationships etc. I've now being with my present girlfriend over 4 years. You know when you're with someone, you know they are the one don't you? There's just something about it. Contentment! Anyway she has 3 children. I know I talk about them as mine, but that's because I treat them as my own. The girls, aged 13 and 11, their father has them once a week at his for tea, he's never paid a penny and never takes them anywhere. Stephen, 6, lost his dad when he was about 6 months old. He knows his dad is up in heaven, so I'm the father figure in his life. I don't ask them to call me dad, or even say I am their step-dad. Although they have taken it upon themselves to call me that! We don't live together, but we spend a lot of time together.

When we first got serious, I told them I would take them around the country as they had never been taken far. So far we have done Scotland, Wales, Cornwall including Lands End, London, Norfolk and all the places in between. We go camping. Off for weekends here and there. But getting the tent up and down was getting hard work. My better half had to get the pegs in and out as I couldn't bend down comfortably!

So I'm going on here!!

Anyway, I suppose the main reason I went for the op is that I want to live, I want to have more and more fun with the family!!! I was under no pressure from my girlfriend, she loves me as I am/was (at least that's what she said) but I made the decision myself. Although if it wasn't for my girlfriend and kids, I probably wouldn't have done.

Arrrrrrr mixman what a lovely story. You deserve to be happy. I go camping myself in whitby "not far from you" as many times as i can. No kids they have grown up and left home. Hubby has to put the tent pegs in too, but i intend helping him next year.

hiya hun for me it was the fact that ive been tryin to lose weight since i was 8 yrs old and im not getin younger im getin older and i thought do i want to spend the rest of my life like this im just existing im not living coz all the things i want to do i cant as it just tires me out and puts me in pain so last yr in jan i joined ww adn it took me over a yr to lose 2stone but i was happy with that at first but then a few bad choices here and there and it started goin bk on and i put on a stone in 3months i was shocked by this so i went to slimming world and im still there but i thought no matter what diet i ever go on even if it took me 10yrs to lose it all i coud put it all back on just like that as i have a very sweet tooth and when im feeling down this is what i crave so for me this op will be my life saver i would say coz i wont be able to consume choc and sugar anymore or it will be in very very small quantities im not sayin i wont still crave it as i knw i priob will but i wont be able to have it or i will get dumpin syndrome and i defo dont want that lol

Also for me i cant wait to wear smaller clothes the last time i was a 14 i was 19 then my dad died and depression kiked in and i gained weight.Then 5yrs later my mum died in front of me a massive heart attack and this was just 5wks after i had got married again depression kiked in and never really left me i did get better after 2 and a half yrs but for me it never really goes away as when anythn goes wrong i go back down but thank god its doesnt last as long only a few wks or days now but these are the reasons why i feel for me that surgery is my only option as ive tried everythn else oh and ive been on xenical 3times and sibutrime slimfast calorie counting you name the diet ive prob been on it but havnt we all eh linda.x

oh yeh i also forgot to put the pain im in to my back knees and heels.x

Back