• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What %'s to include in my post op diet.

amy_m

Hi Guys

Hope everyone is well and enjoying the journey we are all on !!!!

I'm having my op soon and can't wait, can anyone help me as to what I should include in my diet post op. what I'm really interested in is how much fat, sugar, protein etc I should include or even able to have post op. I want to start meal planning now. Percentages per meal and per day would be great thanks xx

Hi hun, i was told that the dietician would come and see us post op in the hospital and discuss or post op diet but like you i am wanting to plan ahead and get things ready incase i dont have the motivation when i first get out. i read a few post on here and on the back of that i have made some home made soups which i have frozen in small portion sized containers. the back page of our pre op diet booklet also suggests food that we should have in such as porridge, weetabix, mash etc. im sure some the folks at the meeting on Thursday should be able to help us with this one plus i intent to ask at my pre op on Thursday afternoon so can let you know what they say. Are you still going on Thursday night??

Lea x

Hi hun, i was told that the dietician would come and see us post op in the hospital and discuss or post op diet but like you i am wanting to plan ahead and get things ready incase i dont have the motivation when i first get out. i read a few post on here and on the back of that i have made some home made soups which i have frozen in small portion sized containers. the back page of our pre op diet booklet also suggests food that we should have in such as porridge, weetabix, mash etc. im sure some the folks at the meeting on Thursday should be able to help us with this one plus i intent to ask at my pre op on Thursday afternoon so can let you know what they say. Are you still going on Thursday night??

Lea x

I'm such a fussy eater lol, yeah I'm going Thursday can't wait or the meeting to ask lots and lots of questions and also to meet my surgery friends. You, me and Alison might not be on the same day but we are surgery buddies lol.

Yep if you could pass on any info from ur appointment that would be great I don't have mine till 28th xx

I froze some of the soup I made on pre-op into baby pots I bought from morrisons.... also some of the covent garden soups which are very low fat x x

I looked at the Covent garden soups and didn't know if they were to high or not I also looke at skinny soup which are a £1 at morrisons at the minute. Just don't know what am looking for really x

60g protein a day. No more than 5g fat per 100g and 3g fat per 100g. Now this is the main guidance to begin with you won't get anywhere near that much protein on the liquid & mashed diet but it will get there as you get through the stages but isn't always easy. The sugars & fats is the ideal but again dependant on foods & your pouch you may or may not cope with or tolerate this like all things post-op will be trial & error but you will gradually get there. Good luck to you try not to worry & enjoy the new life you can have post-op. I'm much happier, healthier & more pain free than I have been for many years.

60g protein a day. No more than 5g fat per 100g and 3g fat per 100g. Now this is the main guidance to begin with you won't get anywhere near that much protein on the liquid & mashed diet but it will get there as you get through the stages but isn't always easy. The sugars & fats is the ideal but again dependant on foods & your pouch you may or may not cope with or tolerate this like all things post-op will be trial & error but you will gradually get there. Good luck to you try not to worry & enjoy the new life you can have post-op. I'm much happier, healthier & more pain free than I have been for many years.

Hi thanks for the info, can u just clarify the fat for me as you mention it twice should one be sugar x

I looked at the Covent garden soups and didn't know if they were to high or not I also looke at skinny soup which are a £1 at morrisons at the minute. Just don't know what am looking for really x

You have to eat pureed diet for 4 weeks post op at Sunderland if you are a bypass or sleeve.... so soups are ideal.... think I had some of the skinny ones frozen too x x

Back