• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What Size Of Band?

LOLAPIG

I know this is probably going to sound daft, :confused: but how does our surgeons decide on which size of Gastric Band to give us? Is it to do with our size, (not weight), but body frame, height ect. Or is it to do with our weight? I've looked, but can't seem to find an answer, just curious! I myself have been given an: 'AP Small' Access Port II (Low Profile), which was primed with 1m. :wavey:

Not a clue what i've got or indeed how they work with regards to sizes.....maybe its just surgeon preference??? they all seem to work so differently..... mine is completely empty!
I did ask the nurse at my first checkup a few questions ....... in return he looked at his notes and said the surgeon is a man of little words LOL the only details on the form was a diagram of the band LOL so i don't suppose i'll ever know either !!!

I was the given box it was in to bring home and keep safe, with booklet, X-Rays of band and port site, plus sterile needle, in case of any kind of emergency in the future, not necceserily with the band, could be any kind of emergency. It's so that the A&E dept can empty the band quickly for surgery ect.

Answered my question:
The surgeon chooses the Band based on each patients individual anatomy.
Thought that was what it was...

Can't wait to hear all your news! ; )
Try and get some sleep tonight, it'll be a long day tomorrow. I'll be thinking about you tomorrow... You just think about the NEW you.

Back