• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

what the hell???

rachaelh

as most of you know i've been doing pre op since a week gone monday so i thought i'd jump on the scales to see if all going ok and i'm gutted somehow by drinking nowt but coffee, milk and NAS, eating nowt but 2 bits of fruit and yoghurt and somehow i've managed to put on 10lbs making me 3lbs heavier than at endoscopy now i'm panicking as i have pre op on monday and i just have a horrible feeling it's all going to go wrong aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggghhh!! :sigh:

bloody hell rach i put on around 10 to 12Ibs around the time of the month could that be why you have gained?? maybee its warter retention???

keep up the good work rach you are doing great and i am really sure you will see a change in your weight losss very soon.xxxxx

I have to say I did the milk diet and lost no weight but did lose inches.... hopefully it won't make too much of a difference... the scales at pre op had me a 2kg less than I actually was.... they are magic scales x x

I would up the water and cut down the NAS. citric acid can go against you for some reason. When I had a weight kick back like that the other week I drank 3 Ltrs of water a day and teas like green tea, oolong, peppermint and nettle. Lost 11lbs over a couple of days. Relax on the coffee too. May be causing retention. Some of these things don't harm some people. But some of us have sensitive systems :s

as most of you know i've been doing pre op since a week gone monday so i thought i'd jump on the scales to see if all going ok and i'm gutted somehow by drinking nowt but coffee, milk and NAS, eating nowt but 2 bits of fruit and yoghurt and somehow i've managed to put on 10lbs making me 3lbs heavier than at endoscopy now i'm panicking as i have pre op on monday and i just have a horrible feeling it's all going to go wrong aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggghhh!! :sigh:
that really sucks mate, but as long as your liver is shrinking your ok :) xxx

Caren said:
that really sucks mate, but as long as your liver is shrinking your ok :) xxx

Depends if the hospital have set a weight she needs to stay as. They often do.

Hopefully not though! I think some are more relaxed than others.

Other thing is, your scales may be dodgy! :)

Depends if the hospital have set a weight she needs to stay as. They often do.

Hopefully not though! I think some are more relaxed than others.

Other thing is, your scales may be dodgy! :)
yeah this can happen when the battery is low

i went out and bought new ones last week so scales should be ok, there the same ones i used to weigh myself on starting milk diet i'm still well under my initial 5kg weight loss that was set many moons ago but i know SRH can be a bit funny about you putting weight on between appointments but i can say hand on heart i've been really good not cheated once but hey ho i might get a nice surprise come monday thanks everyone i am going to keep off the coffee and the nas juice just in case, but like they say que sera sera cheers all... now off to crappy work :-(

oh good luck racheal xxx

i went out and bought new ones last week so scales should be ok, there the same ones i used to weigh myself on starting milk diet i'm still well under my initial 5kg weight loss that was set many moons ago but i know SRH can be a bit funny about you putting weight on between appointments but i can say hand on heart i've been really good not cheated once but hey ho i might get a nice surprise come monday thanks everyone i am going to keep off the coffee and the nas juice just in case, but like they say que sera sera cheers all... now off to crappy work :-(
thats it honey!!!!! different scales xxx

If you are under your 5kg you should be fine hopefully. If all else fails say you have been unable to spend longer than a minute in the loo ;) lol

Good luck. I think you will get a weight whoosh this weekend!!! Xxx

hi Rachael. I had pre op yesterday, and have also been struggling on the milk diet. it doesn't sound as though you are eating enough. maybe your body has gone into starvation mode?

I don't want to scare you, but the nurse said to me yesterday that if I had gained when I was weighed yesterday that she would have had to ring the consultant to see if he would still go ahead. fortunately I was 2kg less than endoscopy so was relieved.

It may be ok if you are still under your original target, but I would try to have all that you are allowed on the milk diet just in case your not eating enough. I'm sure you will be ok tho.

xxx

hi Rachael. I had pre op yesterday, and have also been struggling on the milk diet. it doesn't sound as though you are eating enough. maybe your body has gone into starvation mode?

I don't want to scare you, but the nurse said to me yesterday that if I had gained when I was weighed yesterday that she would have had to ring the consultant to see if he would still go ahead. fortunately I was 2kg less than endoscopy so was relieved.

It may be ok if you are still under your original target, but I would try to have all that you are allowed on the milk diet just in case your not eating enough. I'm sure you will be ok tho.

xxx
thanks lynne, i think you may have a point about the daily intake, its hit me tonight i'm bloody starving, doesn't help driving home past mcd's, although thankfully thats exactly what i did- drive past! i've made some soup so having that now, been drinking water all day and noticed an increase in visits to the (not so) little girls room so fingers crossed and i'm keeping off those evil scales till mon morning!

Well done!! Water is the best cure to water retention. Always found that a funny thing lol

Keep up the good work of resistance to anything non pre op lol

And yes, if it is at all possible (which would be better than me lol) stay of the evil weighing equipment lol

thanks lynne, i think you may have a point about the daily intake, its hit me tonight i'm bloody starving, doesn't help driving home past mcd's, although thankfully thats exactly what i did- drive past! i've made some soup so having that now, been drinking water all day and noticed an increase in visits to the (not so) little girls room so fingers crossed and i'm keeping off those evil scales till mon morning!

well done on driving past mcd's! I sat in the car this afternoon while my hubby, daughter and her friend all munched on mcd's, and my hubby doesn't even like them! the smell was torture, but I came home and had my soup like a good girl. my daughter has since threw hers up and my hubby feels iffy so my power of thought revenge worked :p

remember the milk if you can manage it all!

good luck. let us know how you get on on Monday xxx

You need to remember you may weigh heavier but it is not actual weight gain. You are not eating enough to actually gain weight. My guess its hormonal/fluid retention/Shock to your system.
For fluid retention it may sound weird but drink more water, Don't weigh for a few days, I bet when you get back on your shiny new scales you will have lost a significant amount of weight.
Good luck xx

Back