• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What to take to hospital with you

Decking Jim

Hi all

On day 3 of 7 day pre op diet and was thinking about what I need to take with me - painkillers I assume are given upon leaving hospital

Any advise gratefuuly received

Cheers

James

In the sticky section, there is a whole thread on this.

I was NHS, at Ashford Hospital in Middlesex, I was told only to bring slippers and a change of undies. As they supply all the gowns and don't like to cross contaminate. But I took my toothbrush to freshen up with after op.

I had my operation at 11.45am and discharged by 7.15pm.

I guess it depends if you have an overnight stay or are a day patient.

i took my slippers, dressing gown, toothbrush, mobile phone and a change of clothes to go home in.

I took mobile phone MP3 player a book magazines pjs dressing gown slippers toiletries(sponge shower gel shampoo conditioner hair brush) Vasaline for dry lips pen undies socks and I went home in my pjs lol and my most important thing was ear plugs and hand steralize stuff cause of germs

Hi Blonde Logic

Many Thanks for your message
Ive been off LL for 4 weeks now and joined WW last week so going to get weighed today - I think ive maintained and lost further
I will keep you posted how I get on
I keep a eye on LL forum
Cheers
James

just the basics pj's, dressing gown, slippers, phone fully charged, glasses so i could read my text and email,soap bag and towel, clean undies but mot important and most used vasaline for my lips as they were sooooooo dry and was i pleased to have it.
hc

Back