• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What to take to hospital.....

Lostinmy30's

Ok 39 days to go till i go into hospital to get my gastric band installed lol...I have an overnight stay before surgery first thing the next day - I know there were other similiar threads but can't find them :confused:... I bought new jim jams in the asda sale lol but thats it...... ideas?

Bullyfun

hi
im in next wednesday for mine so ill watch with interest lol..... psp already charged up, but being a bloke other than a gadget to take my mind off it i have no idea ....

Lostinmy30's

..ooh theres an idea...I'll charge my DS.....and my ipod...lol...and have ordered a set of Charmaine Harris books off eBay lol....

BIG KIM

I am a *NEW* Man!
Are you allowed Mobile Phones in Hospitals these days?

fatbutnot4eva

Loves her gorgeous family
hi
I am in on the 11th jan this si my "list"
but my hospital says not to leave anything valuable so i will get hubby to bring them for after my op and when i am "normal"

New nightie (x 2 just in case)
new slippers n housecoat
toothbrush n paste
facecloth
makeup haha most important thing
clean underwear
nappy bag to hold my underwear from day before lol
magazine or two
dsi (if my daughter will lent it me)
mobile phone

have only ever stayed in hospital when having my three children so at least i know i dont need to take babygros vests and nappies lol x

if i think of anything else i will add it
x

Bullyfun

got some films for psp so the driver wont get bored waiting lol.
i just thought turn up in something loose something to wash n brushup but im in as a daycase so dont think ill need anything else.....
would a kebab be a bad idea for after the op ????

Bullyfun

think pure thoughts...... think pure thoughts...... think pure thoughts

BIG KIM

I am a *NEW* Man!

fatbutnot4eva

Loves her gorgeous family
haha kfc ? mcdonalds ?? and a cool beer ??? lol xxx

teapot1966

Ok 39 days to go till i go into hospital to get my gastric band installed lol...I have an overnight stay before surgery first thing the next day - I know there were other similiar threads but can't find them :confused:... I bought new jim jams in the asda sale lol but thats it...... ideas?
Hi, I had my bypass op at the end of November and took what seemed like a mountain of magazines in with me, a couple of pairs of PJ's, dressing gown, slippers, wash kits etc etc and possibly the kitchen sink too.

I would suggest big baggy knickers (depending on how long you are in). A nightie if you are staying in the night after your op, definitely dressing gown and slippers and if you are able to concentrate then something to read. St Richards where I went were excellent and had towels, and everything you needed other than that.

The one thing someone said to me is remember that you will be bloated out and uncomfortable (now I'm not sure what they do during band surgery, it won't be as invasive as a bypass) but I would suggest your biggest baggiest clothes for wearing afterwards.

good luck with your surgery.

Julie

Tyraboots

I'm having my gastric bypass 27 days from today.
Taking in:
3 nighties and dressing gown
slippers
baggy pants and tena lady pads (ooh errr!)
baggy dress wearing in and out
water spray for face
lip balm for cracky lips
sipping cup for water
baby wipes
toothbrush and paste.
Books
laptop and dvds.
I've already bought my patientline card for the tv.
Mobile phone.

SOON SLIM SUE

types with one finger
I'm having my sleeve op next thursday, and all i'v got so far is,
3 new nighties,
new dressing gown,
slippers,
IF YOU DON'T MIND TYRABOOTS I'LL USE YOUR LIST FOR THE REST.
SUE

moonflower

Just the ticket was going to look for the older posts.

I'm being a cheap skate not buying new as wont be in them for long (hopefully) I can always chuck them as saved some decentish ones just for this occassion.

Know they get you up and about quickly and in the shower so I'm taking some really nice shower gel and shampoo at least I can smell nice lol

Can ladies suggest whether PJ's or Night shirts have both would be better for open.

Ali xx

thinnerangela

I took books mp3 player nighties pants washing stuff etc and mobile.

Used nighties pants and washing stuff - and mobile!!

Couldn't concentrate on anything - had my op at the Nuffield in Leeds as an NHS patient - so had TV in my room but couldn't concentrate on that either

Was on strict instructions to walk every hour to help with DVT avoidance which was all I could manage to concentrate on - lol

Good luck Angela

BlueDiamond

good_luck.jpg