• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What do i need to take to hospital?

EZE

Hi everyone,
I am going in to heartlands as a day case this friday for my gastric band, and have no idea what i should take with me,, any ideas ?

Good luck hope all goes well - GG has given the best advice :)

Last edited:
When you said 'as a day case' does that mean you won't have to stay overnight?????? xx

the bare essentials I would think if you are in and out during the day. Dressing gown and slippers, clean nightie (just in case you end up staying overnight) tooth brush and deodorant and hair brush.

Hi there, I was a day case...

Take a toothbrush to freshen breath up with once you are up and about.

Take deodorant.

Take a good book.

Take slippers and a change of knickers.

You wont need much else. Some hospitals dont let you wear your own nightie, cross infection etc but if you feel the cold, bring a dressy gown.

I was in at 8am, op at 11.45am, recovery by 1.30pm, back on ward at 2.00pm, up and dressed by 4.30pm and home by 8.00pm.

Good luck for your op :)

Wow, doing it in a day!! Good luck hun!! I'm sure everything will go perfectly to plan and you'll soon be losing vast amounts of weight!!!

Woohoohoo!!!

Hi everyone,
I am going in to heartlands as a day case this friday for my gastric band, and have no idea what i should take with me,, any ideas ?

Hiya... I like yourself is down for day case but as i live more than 1/2 hour away from Heartlands i am waiting on them getting back to me as to if i am still in day case, although i have it in my head that i MAY have to stay in overnight.When i went for my pre op assessment they gave me a sheet for Planning your stay in hospital and discharge home, and it says

All tablets that you are taking, in the correct containers.

Personal Toiletries, including soap,flannel, towel, razor and baby wipes.

Night wear/dressing gown/slippers, if you are more comfortable, it is perfectly acceptable to wear casual day clothes such as a jogging suit.

Paper Hankies

Squash/cordial to drink, nothing fizzy

Walking aids - frames/sticks/crutches, false limbs.

Hearing aids/glasses

Something to occupy your time - magazines, books, knitting

A small amount of money to buy newspaper or use the telephone.

I think this is just a standard sheet i got because like i said i am suppose to be in day case too but i shall take in all that they have suggested. It also says remember to remove varnish on fingers and toes and remove all body piercing and leave at home.

It does says if you have any queries what to bring into hospital, please telephone the Pre Operative Assessment unit the numbers 0121 424 3375

Hope this helps and good luck with your Operation and Recovery :D X

Yes Good luck for Friday.
Getting excited mine is 2 weeks today cant wait Mia

Back