• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What to take to hospital?

smiler2009

Im sure there has been a thread on here before but cant find it! Any suggestions on what someone may need to take with them.
Thanks

Nightdresses/jim jams, wetwipes, breath freshner, book, toiletries,ipod, slippers, any medication you have to take (to show to docs)

Here's a list of what I took.

Mobile phone (And I still got charged for using the phone in the room even though I never touched it. The nurses were using the phone! Got out of paying the bill for that thankfully)

Lip Balm (I found this essential as I ended up with dry lips)

3 Pairs of jim jams

Spare underwear

Going home clothes consisting of a pair of mega baggy pants to accommodate swollen and sore tummy

Shower gel, Shampoo, Conditioner, toothpaste, toothbrush, hair brush. Wet wipes. Talcum powder.

Moisturiser

Magazines. I had a lot of waiting around for my op and couldn't concentrate on reading but you might be different.

Slippers

All my current medications

I did take some Dry Mouth Spray as recommended on this forum but I didn't use it as I was taking sips of water after my op but others have found it very useful.

I think that's it, others will no doubt add other items if I've forgotten anything.

All of the above and :

1. 2 1 ltr bottles of water with a sports lid so u dont have to drink their nasty water.
2. 1 bottle of sugar free squash
3. Disposable/flushable toilet seat covers, there is no way i was putting my bum on the toilet seats and there is no way u can manage to squat straight after surgery, i got mine from ebay they were bout £2.50 for 10

Dry mouth spray from Boots was a must for me :p

This was a must for me as, not only does it stop your mouth getting dry, but I suffered from ketosis (through not eating any carbs) very early on which gives you a nasty taste in your mouth and makes your breath smell!

I was on oxygen first 24 hours which is why my mouth was so very dry so it really helped :)

Back