• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What vitamins and minerals supplements do you all take?

I'm four weeks post-op with my sleeve and I'm still feeling tired, even though I'm drinking more than my required amount of water and having 2 small protein shakes a day. I'm keeping my protein high as well. In addition, I'm taking multivitamins but just wondered if I should add something else. xx

im not taking any ............. :S

I have to take forceval(multi vit), zinc, iron and calcium forever! Do struggle to remember everyday though.

With a sleeve there is no malabsorbtion so you should be able to get all you need from your food.

What are you currently allowed to have, what stage are you at?

I was told to take multivitamins every day. I'm still on puree food at present, up until 12 weeks. I actually couldn't eat much this evening at all. I tried a couple of spoonfuls of lentil dahl, it went down well earlier in the week, but didn't stay down today (sorry, TMI). xx

Hi Tiarras, poor you, it's tough to get to know what your body wants to keep down at times. I take Forceval (multi vit) & Centrum 50+ as advised by the team at CX. I will be shortly moving on to the soft diet allowed after 6 weeks, poor you staying on puree for the first 12 weeks thats tough going, I'd have thought we'd have the same diet as we're both under the same team.
Best wishes
Bunny x
PS it's good to see you are posting again I'm not sure if I missed your recent posts or if you were away for a while, was getting a bit worried. x

Much to all the advise elsewhere my team told me to take multivits and minerals and the 3 monthly iron injections.

I take Myprotein.com Alpha Male multivitamins (No idea how good they are but they sounded very macho and were cheapish), a Seven Seas Multibionta multivit and Acai Berry capsules daily.

Hi Mixman, who advised that you have the b12 injections this has never been discussed at any stage with me, do sleevers normally have this? I also take glucosamine, evening primrose oil, silica.

Jeanx

Hi Mixman, who advised that you have the b12 injections this has never been discussed at any stage with me, do sleevers normally have this?

It was always discussed by the dietician and surgeon at all my meetings. It was something I was made aware of right from the start. It's in the paperwork I received about Sleevers and wasn't just specific to me.

Luckily, my local GP doesn't charge for the B12 injections either.

i just take a multi vitamin & mineral tablet...superdrug's own brand...very little difference to sanatgen and centrum...was cheap, got a years worth for a tenner lol

Hi Tiarras, poor you, it's tough to get to know what your body wants to keep down at times. I take Forceval (multi vit) & Centrum 50+ as advised by the team at CX. I will be shortly moving on to the soft diet allowed after 6 weeks, poor you staying on puree for the first 12 weeks thats tough going, I'd have thought we'd have the same diet as we're both under the same team.
Best wishes

Bunny x
PS it's good to see you are posting again I'm not sure if I missed your recent posts or if you were away for a while, was getting a bit worried. x

Bunny can I just ask why you take 2 lots of multivitamins. I was told by the team at CX to take Centrum 50+ but that was all????? Hope all is going well for you.

I have to take forceval(multi vit), zinc, iron and calcium forever! Do struggle to remember everyday though.

same for me, but i tend to remember!! no more anti-acid anymore and the same for the anti-gallstone tabs i was taking

Isn't it interesting how different people are told different things! I am also taking the lansoprazole (antacid) and Ursodeoxycholic acid to prevent gallstones.

I had a really rough night last night after not being able to keep my dinner down. My stomach felt like lead! It's still a bit dodgy feeling now but I had a very gentle breakfast and so far so good. xx
[FONT=&quot][/FONT] *[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Back