• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What vitamins and minerals supplements do you all take?

I don't take anything. My diet is now pretty varied and my bloods all came back normal. Woohoo! Get me!

Gill, I am being a nosey cow but did your team really not tell you to take suplements? It absolutely goes against ALL RESEARCH on the bypass to not advise at least a multi-vit & mineral, and in 99% of cases calcium & iron supps as well. It is great that your bloods came back with good results but sometimes it takes the body time to become deficient and by the time you do become deficient you could suffer serious medical complications!!!! I have know several people who have become very ill very quickly and had to have blood transfusions due to low iron at 6 months post-op!

The idea of you becoming ill from bad aftercare makes me worried so please excuse my sticking my nose in, just tell me to butt out, I won't take offence!

Nic;)

Hi Minsie,
Strange how there are differences when we are under the same team, I left hospital with 2 weeks worth of multivits & instructed by them to get Centrum 50+ aswell. I have been quite poorly so my GP prescribed the forceval, (she knows I'm also on the Centrum too)
Bunny x

Gill, I am being a nosey cow but did your team really not tell you to take suplements? It absolutely goes against ALL RESEARCH on the bypass to not advise at least a multi-vit & mineral, and in 99% of cases calcium & iron supps as well. It is great that your bloods came back with good results but sometimes it takes the body time to become deficient and by the time you do become deficient you could suffer serious medical complications!!!! I have know several people who have become very ill very quickly and had to have blood transfusions due to low iron at 6 months post-op!

The idea of you becoming ill from bad aftercare makes me worried so please excuse my sticking my nose in, just tell me to butt out, I won't take offence!

Nic;)

Hi sorry this is not about vitamins, Phatgirl I love the new piccy you look amazing. x

I take Centrum, AquADEKs, Sandocal and iron and zinc.
All available on prescription.

Should be Forceval because it contains more nutrients but I'm allergic to the colouring.

I've never had nor needed a vit B12 injection.

I knew all the supplements were for life and blood tests at least annually and adjustments if necessary when I had the op

Angela

Back