• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What vitamins do you take after a bypass

babybell

M due for my bypass soon,what vitamins do you take after??????

I am on calcium & vitamin D, vitamin B12 injections, iron, and A-Z multivitamins for life. I think that's all! That's what Luton & Dunstable Hospital make you have, anyway, not sure if its the same for everyone. Good luck with your bypass :D

at the mo ive just had my op 4 days ago and only on a-z vitiams but in a few weeks i will start my vitiam d ect and injections but your gp will sort tht out for you

I was prescribed Forceval (multi vitamin) and Adcal D3 (Calcium & Vitamin D). My bloods will be checked by my provider for the first 2 years and if needed I will be given B12 injections but 6 months out I have not needed them yet x

i get my b12 injection every 3 mths,
multivitamins a-z,
adcal-D3 (calcium & vitamin d)
ferrous fumarate (iron)

and we also get lansoprazole and urdox for 6 mths post op to prevent ulcers and gall stones

I ain't had b-12 I asked my gp if I was too have one he said no????
I'm in multi vitamins and minerals, iron tablets, calcium tablets and fast tabs (stomach acid) erm that's it I think?? Lol x

Do you just buy them or do you get them off the doctors??? Xx

I take Forceval once a day and AdCal-D3 twice a day. Got omeprazole daily for the first 6 weeks and then B12 injections once every 3 months. I get mine on prescription so I bought a pre-paid prescription certificate as it works out at £22.20 for the first two months then £14.80 a month thereafter!! Much cheaper to buy a years certificate for £104.

H xx

Thanks ladies xx

I ain't had b-12 I asked my gp if I was too have one he said no????
I'm in multi vitamins and minerals, iron tablets, calcium tablets and fast tabs (stomach acid) erm that's it I think?? Lol x

Have exactly same as laura inclucing no Vit b12:flirt2:

Forceval and Calcichew + vit d.

Back