• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What were ur losses on the pre op milk diet

Roch

Shrinking away nicely :)
Hi all have decided to poss give the milk diet a go for the next 10 days till i have my pre op assessment(after that will be starting my 8 week liver shrinkage diet lol wat fun )
The reason i am doing this is tbh am sick and tired of food and want to give my body a break and also a boost 2 my weight losses, i know that must sound mad from me considering as i was 27.13 a few months ago and the amount of food i must of ate to get that big :mad::mad::mad:

I weigh 24.8 this morning and would like to try and do it for 10 days but were interested to know what ur losses, how strict did u stick to it and for how long and what exactly did you have as not sure if its 2 or 3 pints of ss milk.
I have bought some crusha nas to add to it as could not stomach plain milk as dont like it at all and 100mls of Crusha is only 7 cals lol.
Thanks and take care luv Roch xxx

Hi Roch, I had 4 pints of semi skimmed milk, 1 oxo cube, 1sf jelly and upwards of 2 litres of other fluids. I found it very hard, it was easier once I found out about making the sf jelly into milky jelly, but I did miss eating food. I was working full time as well, which made it hard. I lost 10 pounds in 10 days.

uve done so well already. i done the milk diet twice - once for 4 weeks to lose my 5% - i lost that in 12 days and over the 4 weeks lost 2stone 6lb the next time my pre op for 12 days i struggled with - i cheated quite abit but still lost 1 stone 4lb. the first time i had 3 pints ss milk with crusha everytime - i hate milk! 1 oxo cude and 1/2 pint no added sugar jelly. it is hard thou good luck xx

Hi Roch, I had 4 pints of semi skimmed milk, 1 oxo cube, 1sf jelly and upwards of 2 litres of other fluids. I found it very hard, it was easier once I found out about making the sf jelly into milky jelly, but I did miss eating food. I was working full time as well, which made it hard. I lost 10 pounds in 10 days.

Wow thats a fab loss bet u were well chuffed, i would be very happy with a loss like that and ur bout a 100lbs lighter than me so maybe i could lose a couple of pounds more.
How did u make the milky jelly might try that, the thing is i am so sick and tired of food so need a break lol.
Thanks hun xxx

uve done so well already. i done the milk diet twice - once for 4 weeks to lose my 5% - i lost that in 12 days and over the 4 weeks lost 2stone 6lb the next time my pre op for 12 days i struggled with - i cheated quite abit but still lost 1 stone 4lb. the first time i had 3 pints ss milk with crusha everytime - i hate milk! 1 oxo cude and 1/2 pint no added sugar jelly. it is hard thou good luck xx

WOW 2 stone 6lbs in 4 weeks thats fab, all ur losses were fab even ur pre op i cant wait to try it tomorrow, how sad it that lol xx

Just make the sfj with half the amount of water it suggests or less and add cold milk to make up the rest. I lost 14lbs in 10 days on the same diet as Gill. Had crusha in it all the time.

Good luck

M

Hi there, remember to take vitamins alongside this, if you are going to do it for that length of time. Which personally I wouldn't.

Milk diets are not recommended for weight loss, they are for shrinking livers prior to surgery.

Just make the sfj with half the amount of water it suggests or less and add cold milk to make up the rest. I lost 14lbs in 10 days on the same diet as Gill. Had crusha in it all the time.

Good luck

M

Thanks hun will def try it tomorrow xxx

Hi there, remember to take vitamins alongside this, if you are going to do it for that length of time. Which personally I wouldn't.

Milk diets are not recommended for weight loss, they are for shrinking livers prior to surgery.

Thanks hun will take vits just need a break from food as think my digestive system is struggling big time at the mo as well as wanting a good weight loss at my pre op lol x

Hi Roch,

I used CD Lactose Free shakes for my pre op diet cause milk didn't agree with before my op. I had 3 shakes and a small high protein meal and some green vegetables. My daily intake was aproximately 800cals. I lost 21lb in about 3 weeks. I managing milk fine now in small amounts.

Pinkyxx

currently on day 12 of my six week milk diet and have lost 20 lbs so far

8 to 10 yoghurts
1 pint ss milk
1 multi vit/mineral tablet
as much bovril as i can take
2 litres of water daily (min)

good luck it does get easier i hated it the first week

(also having 1 10 calorie fat free jelly a day too :D)

It was milk and a couple of light yoghurts that I did. I did the diet for 10 days and lost a stone. I had crusha in some of mine and cheated by having a boiled egg half way through.

I did milk diet for 4 weeks a few months ago.
I made coffee milk shakes, as we are allowed coffee, and warmed it up in the microwave as and when i wanted it. When i cheated i had a green salad with a dolop of mayo.
I lost 1st 10lbs. Since then i have put 4lbs back on:sigh:.
I DID LIKE NOT HAVING TO THINK ABOUT ABOUT FOOD, AND DID MY SHOPPING IN RECORD TIME.
GOOD LUCK SUE.

Hi Roch, I had 4 slimfasts, 1 oxo cube, 1/2pint sf jelly and a multi vit each day, I lost 10lbs in 13days. Good luck!

Cuppa xx

Back