• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

All done yipeee

Nic318

Post-op Gastric Bypass
Well as I’m now approaching my operation date I thought I’d finally get round the writing my story (instead of spring cleaning that I should be doing lol)!!
Anyway here goes ……. I have always had weight problems and my Mum was taking me to the Dr’s about this when I was 4. Even when I was in high school and I used to swim for a local swimming team I was “the fat one”. I used to train every Monday before school, 2 nights per week and 3 hours on a Saturday but still the weight remained. I like many of you have tried every diet going and the slimming pills etc but none worked in the long term. I did once lose 6 stone on Weight Watchers but over the past 10 years that has gradually gone back on. I was on lighter life too and lost 3.5 stone in 9 weeks but again it all came back on.
I’ve always felt that I was the odd one out to be honest and not “popular”. I wore NHS glasses by the age of 3 (but from age of 10 didn’t wear anything and haven’t had to since). When I moved up to Junior School my surname was changed (so yes different again) – this was due to the fact that my natural father died when I was 3 years old, my Mum remarried and her new hubby adopted me and my brother. At this point I just want to say that I love my Dad to bits and couldn’t ask for a better relationship than I have with him, he always has and always will call me “Missy” and I love him so much.
Anyway back to the story, when I left junior school I went to the local comp but my older brother was in private school so I felt quite alone again and all my friends had their older brother or sister at the school with them to protect them in a way. I hated school to be honest until I got into the last few years and was able to take some new classes. At this point I was in a size 16 and then I went to college and ended up in size 18’s.
I suppose I kept at that size for a few years really until I moved into my own house and my eating seemed to spiral out of control – well due to the fact that I was actually working two jobs and was out of the house at 7.30am and didn’t return til 9.30pm so it was a lot of takeaways that did it. In 1997 I decided that enough was enough and that’s when I joined WW and lost the 6 stone but as stated previously this gradually came back on and I have been on constant yo-yo dieting since.
Last year I’d just basically had enough, my back was killing me I was hot and uncomfortable and it was depressing me so I went to the GP in August. I just wanted to fit in and not feel conscious every time I went out and was fed up of people looking at you and thinking “god look at the size of her”.
To cut a long story short it took quite a while to get the funding etc and I finally got my appointment through to see the consultant which at the time was 7 weeks later – another wait. Anyhows I went to see my consultant on the 28th April with my lovely Mum and we walked in and my Mum knew him! She is retired now but used to be a Theatre sister and Mr Brough used to work at the same hospital so that made Mum feel better too. I left the hospital feeling very positive about it all and then it was another waiting game.
Finally I got my date through – whoooo hooo how excited was I at that point!! 16th July was 6 weeks away at that point!
Over the last few weeks I’ve gone through a mixture of emotions, had a few wobbles etc but never once thought I didn’t want to go through with it. I basically just had too much going on. I had been put up for a fast track promotion at work where I had to attend a few training courses and also I have to do a lot of self study (this was supposed to start in April but actually kicked off on the 18th June) so not the best timing and it all got on top of me .
Anyway I attended one training course last week and then attended another 3 day one this week. I got panicked because I am already maxed out at work and was trying to get everything organized before I go off for my op and then they threw all this at me but anyway I have survived!!
Also have been going through a rough time with my other half and I’ve told him I just think we are too different. It’s been a tough time but I am a believer of everything happens for a reason and what will be will be. I’ve “parked” that issue for the time being and will see what happens in the future.
So, where I’m at now!
I start my pre-op diet on Wednesday and my operation is on the 16th July so not long to wait now.
I know I have a long road ahead but I’m prepared for that and just can’t wait for the end result. My Dad actually said to Mum yesterday that the thing he is looking forward to the most is being able to put his arms all the way around me and give me a big hug (aaaaah). I just can’t wait to look and feel great and to regain my confidence and then there will be no stopping me lol.
So ladies that’s my story and if you got this far, well done. I’ve known some of you a couple of months now (Smiler, Minime and Winky – the “gang” you’ve helped me so much), but others have helped me too. All I can say to any of you reading this is don’t be afraid to ask any question on here there is always people about to help you.

Roll on the 16th! xx

Last edited:
ahh missy just thought id pop on here just to say good luck to u, u have waited a long time 4 this and now its going to happen, i know wot u mean about ur dad being able to put his arms all the way around u as my daughter was the same she can do it now and its a great feeling lol, take care missy love smiler xxx (the boss) xxx

glad you have started your diary Nic, a great read so far, here's to all of your success to come x

ahh missy just thought id pop on here just to say good luck to u, u have waited a long time 4 this and now its going to happen, i know wot u mean about ur dad being able to put his arms all the way around u as my daughter was the same she can do it now and its a great feeling lol, take care missy love smiler xxx (the boss) xxx

Thanks boss yeah not long now, just off out to get some stuff from boots lol xxx

glad you have started your diary Nic, a great read so far, here's to all of your success to come x

Thanks Ali

Yours too though xx

thanks for sharing your story with us all Nic, I found it really eye opening. My first impression of you was a strong, confident, popular beautiful woman. The complete opposite of me, which I found a little but initimidating in a way, thats not the right word (oh lord now I'll have offended you) but I can't think how I can say what I want to say. But your story shows that you share the same insecurities as me and no doubt so many others here.

Sorry I just re-read that and it doesn't sound how I meant it to sound. Just ignore me!

thanks for sharing your story with us all Nic, I found it really eye opening. My first impression of you was a strong, confident, popular beautiful woman. The complete opposite of me, which I found a little but initimidating in a way, thats not the right word (oh lord now I'll have offended you) but I can't think how I can say what I want to say. But your story shows that you share the same insecurities as me and no doubt so many others here.

Sorry I just re-read that and it doesn't sound how I meant it to sound. Just ignore me!

Hi
Don't worry wasn't offended, I am a strong person been through a lot of stuff (which I haven't put on here) and on the outside I do come across as confident but on the inside I'm not.

x

missy did u get ur whip and whipped cream ready lol, xxx

LOL as my Mum and Dad were with me didn't think it was appropriate lmao xx

hiya,im on cd but just read your story and wanted to wish you all the best with your op. You sound so positive your dad would be so proud of you.

becky x

Hello Missy!!
Great to red your story. I'm sure most of us on this site can relate to your weight issues, I know I can. Gordon told me today (2 stone down! Wehey!) that he can feel that I'm smaller around the edges already! Lol. Being big knocks most people's self-confidence, which is a pity. It's a shame that we feel left out when we're )if I do say so myself) great people. You've had a long journey to this op and you won't regret it at all. You deserve it. Remember, we're all here for you when you have worries - any time of day or night!

missy u r a good person otherwise i wudnt have let u in my gang, but soon u will know wots its like to lose that weight and get ur confidence back, i forgot what it was like, but now they have to litterally drag me out of shops ive turned into a shopaholic lol, we r all excited for u and wish u all the best, and the best is yet to come xxx

missy u r a good person otherwise i wudnt have let u in my gang, but soon u will know wots its like to lose that weight and get ur confidence back, i forgot what it was like, but now they have to litterally drag me out of shops ive turned into a shopaholic lol, we r all excited for u and wish u all the best, and the best is yet to come xxx

Ah thanks Georgina. I think me and Sara will be hitting the Trafford Centre on several occasions lol xxx

i wish u all the best for ur shopping trip gang, tonight i was shocked because i couldnt stop feeling my cheek bones oh yes gang i have now got cheek bones and a jaw bone lol, im so happy lol xxx

i wish u all the best for ur shopping trip gang, tonight i was shocked because i couldnt stop feeling my cheek bones oh yes gang i have now got cheek bones and a jaw bone lol, im so happy lol xxx

Whoo hoo, cheers for the chat last night - well this morning as usual you had me laughing my head off xxx

Hi - I'm new on here today!:) I've read all your post and can't see what op you're actually having? Gastric band or bypass I guess.

Hi

Welcome to Minis - I'm having the gastric bypass.

Back