• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What are you most looking forward to doing when you've lost the weight?

barbarella

Six Month Post Op
What are you most looking forward to after your op?

I'm three years out from surgery. Before I had my surgery I made a list of things I'd like to be able to do. I've still a few things that I'd really like to be able to do and haven't yet managed. Here are my 'new me' dreams!

1. Walk into French Connection, pick up a bunch of size 14's to try on and find to my amazement, I could do with a size 12 in a couple of things!!!

2. Get on the helicopter to go over the Grand Canyon (I didn't go last time because you have to tell the pilot what you weigh:eek:)

The list was substantia and I've already achieved a lot of it but these are a couple of teh remaining ones.

Wow..there are so many! I would love to go on a plane and not have to ask for a selt belt extension. I would love to go on the funfair with my family and fit in the seats! I would love to be able to shop for clothes I like, rather than clothes that fit! That will do for starters....lol x

It's always good to make these to do when slinky lists as they keep you going don't they?

Mine are (a few)
Race round and play outside with my sons...go to amusement parks and fit on the rides without any awquard moments
Eat in public without feeling bad...actually just be in public without feeling bad full-stop
Get married to my lovely Dean in a nice slinky gown (I know it's not important how big you are on your wedding day but it is to me personally)
Learn to drive and learn to swim
Wear fun stuff....no don't be alarmed ...no leopard skin spandex and fuschia plastic hot pants or anything....but look my age (I will settle for 10 years younger too though!!!) instead of an elderly round goth....that would be fab!

Be able to fly on holiday next year without worrying about the seatbelts and not getting bruises from being wedged in my seat with the headphone jacks sticking my thigh.
Being able to sit in any chair I like - and not worry about getting into cinema / theatre seats.
A whole new wardrobe !

Rose

I think the plane seat belts is going to be one of the most popular.

I would also like a swede jacket with tasseles all down the arm and on the back.

A pair of Dubarry Boots.

Such an easy question.....

I want to do EVERYTHING! Without fear of size or weight limits or looking or feeling stupid....

I want to do all of the above & more.. Not feeling self-conscious & ashamed when the shop assistant tries to fold my 'big' clothes up into a tiny carrier bag!!

Not feeling ashamed when I have to go to the kids school. The list is endless....

I want to be able to buy cheap and fashionable clothes rather than 'investment pieces'.

I'm flying in 13 weeks and would like to be able to get the tray down - we'll see ;)

I'd like to be able to wear heels without feeling wobbly in them.

Ooh, yes - to be able to get tights from any supermarket.

Can't stop me, now that I've got going....

I'd like to be able to not squirm when I'm at a meeting for work and the thorny issue of childhood obesity comes up again.

I'd like to be sufficiently comfortable in my body to be able to dance with the kids at the school disco.

I want my grandkids to never have known me fat (Don't want them yet, my only son is only 18!)

Oh and I want to be able to cut and paint my own toe nails. The OH always moans when I ask him...... cant think why,;);)

This has gotta be the saddest but I want to be able to go to the dentist & site in 'the chair' without thinking its gonna break & feeling totally vulnerable......

I know what you mean there J-Mo, I have been needing to get new lenses and glasses for years but I was too scared to go in the opticians chair...I am major overdue an appointment and running out of the last lot of lenses they sent before they got cancelled due to me never getting an up to date eye test! It's a horrible feeling isn't it x

It certainly is Neen, I have anutha confession too. Going for a smear test. Isnt that terrible, I'm due one this year!!!

I want to...

Go white water rafting :D
Go horse riding without worrying i'm breaking the horses back :p
Ride a bike
Run for the bus or train without needing oxygen :eek:
Do all the above with my kids and feel like i'm a fun mum to be with.

I have been promised a track day by my OH when I get down to below 18 st driving all those posh cars
And of course to sit in a plane in comfort
Last year I sat on the edge of one of the white patio chairs and it collapsed. Part of the plastic that split ripped my trousers but missed my leg. I can see the funny side of it now but when it happened I wanted the ground to open up
Not this year.

The last time this question came up i said i wanted to be able to sit with my legs crossed (i know not good for you) lol and now i can and it makes me feel so much more lady like, i wanted to get cloathes from normal ranges and today for the first time i went into matalan and bought from the normal range and not the rodgers+rodgers range , that was usch a buzz. Im hopeing when i go on holiday in seven weeks that the plaine seat will be better than when i was 25st and i wont have to have the bright orange extender belt. But more than any thing i want to feel normal and for my weight not to be an issue in every little thing i do x

The plane thing and the funfair thing... I have just acheived both of these things in the last few weeks going to America, and to the pleasure beach in blackpool. And I have to say, it was fantastic! I was just 'normal' haha :)

But my biggest thing was going on a night out (after buying clothes easily from the non-fatties range) with my husband, and not feeling like he must be embarrassed about being out with me. Don't get me wrong, he loves me and denies that has ever crossed his mind, BUT that doesn't stop me and my insecurities thinking he must be thinking it!

But 2 night ago, we went out in town with some friends, and I just felt lovely and normal, perfectly average, and not at all self conscious about being a *huge* embarassment to those I was with, it was an amazing feeling.

Now I feel I have to make a new pledge to go in a helicopter over the grand canyon cos that sounds AMAZING!!!

Rx

I wanna......

1. Be able to buy clothes i like instead of just coz they fit.

2. Be able to roll about the floor playing with my little ones and be able to get up easily.

3. Go horse riding.

4. Fit into a plane seat comfortably (hols in Aug).

5. Go ice skating without the fear of my ankles breaking!

6. Wear some lovely knee high boots.

7. Surprise my parents with weight loss in August (they live in NZ and don't know I've had the op;))

8. Go out for a meal and not have people look at what I've got as I'm the fat one.

9. Not to be the biggest mum in the school ground.

10. Look good in some sexy underwear/lingerie for my hubby. ;):D

Think that will do for now lol

Back