• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Whats it going to really be like??

stuckinafatsuit

POPPED THAT FAT SUIT!
Hi everyone
Im due to have the sleeve on Monday and just wanted to know how im going to feel once i wake up after surgery and when are you told everything went well. im so nervous about it all its waking me up in the middle of the night. I havent had an endoscopy so im just hoping everything is ok inside me and it all goes ahead. Please can you be honest and tell me what to expect.
Thanks Kim

You're going to be fine lovely. The nurses on the ward are all lovely and hopefully Mel will still be in the bed by the window. I was in bed 18 and she was on a diagonal to me. She is awaiting her op. Say hello to her for me.

The nurses will give you morphine if you have pain, but mostly you are fine with paracetamol. I felt like I'd been kicked in the ribs by a horse for the first couple of days and it was hard to hoist myself up but by the third day, (going home day) I felt so much better and was trotting back and forth to the loo etc. Wish we could have met up before as you could have seen how well I've recovered. I'm going back to work on Monday but will be thinking of you.

Love Kate x

Hi there! I haven't posted much recently but I had my op on Thursday. I agree with Mrs Q, but the biggest surprise to me is how it feels when I drink. It feels like wind bubbles all the way down, quite uncomfortable, and then lots of burping. I am trying to sip, not sure what I am doing wrong?

My pain is under control with neurofen and paracetamol, just feel exhausted.

Good luck for Monday.

Crackers x

I can only speak for myself.I woke in hdu that night,nurses were very attentive doing obs all night.Didnt have pain just discomfort and loads of pain relief.If you need it just ask everyone is different with pain.Up and walking next day albeit bent over and haning on to a nurse!
Very tired for weeks but you feel better and stronger every day.I slept every afternoon!Dont worry you will be fine.Maz x

Hiya I had my Sleeve done 12days ago when I woke up in recovery I felt drunk and had a lot of wind and was on oxygen :( then I was taken up to the ward I felt very tired and again lots of gas/wind but NO pain I didn't really feel like I just had major surgery. I've lost 12kg inculding the pre op diet and I'm feeling fine.
I'm sure you'll be fine,good luck :) xxxx

HI Kim,

I had the by pass on the 29th, and the first few days were not great, but not nearly as bad as i thought they would be, the worst i had was a magnificent migrain and they had to give me tramadol in the end for that - i am still very tired, but other than that in hardly any pain, most of the pain appears to be trapped wind, so if you get it ask for something - i didn't know what it was till i asked on here. everyone here is so helpful, they will all help if you have any problems, you will just be so glad to have had it done - and as always you will be better once at home, have lots of pillows to prop you up in bed the first few nights that helped me quite a lot, good luck hunnie

love Debs xx

Good luck for mon Hun ;)

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back