• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hiya from Brighton UK

Liesa

Hello all xx
I'm Liesa, very happily married to Steve for nearly 31 years, 6 kids, nearly 9 grandkids...
i suffer from arthritis and have had a total knee replacement (left knee) which is failed, which has prompted me to go the gastrc bypass route to help get the weight off these poor legs of mine,
im so limited as to what i can do
my GP is a wonderful man who got funding from the NHS for me and have to go ahead from Mr Patel to have the gastric bypass, but due to being ill on and off last year due to sickness and bad stomach (felt like gallstones which i had removed a few years ago) so whilst we have been going through various tests and scans etc to make sure there isnt a problem before surgery can go ahead, so have had CT scan 2 weeks ago, had colonoscopy and endoscopy, had endoscopy years ago and found haitus hernia however last years oscopy didnt see the hernia so the scan was to find out for real as they dont go so it shouldve been found and noted...
i dont mind how long it takes to get us to get to the actual bypass surgery itself as obviously i want everything to be right before...
im told the waiting list is just 6 months long, so that makes me happy, very happy...
finding this forum is the start for me as far as im concerned...
thanks for being here!:)

Hiya and welcome!Sounds like your head is in the right place,hang on for the ride of your life!lolMaz x

Hi and :welcome: Liesa :D You have a very supportive GP which is an absolute Godsend! I agree that you should make sure everything is ok before the bypass too! Hope you get your results soon and you can get on with the bypass :D XX

Hiya luv - welcome to wlsurgery - deffo sounds like you know what you want - go for it hun and dont stop till you get there! xxxxx look forward to following you on your journey xxxx

All the very best to you on your wls journey xxx

Good luck and best wishes for your journey... hoping it will be smooth sailing for you all the way!

Love and hugs, Bev xxx:talk017::talk017::talk017:

hi i will be seeing Mr Ameet Patel for a bypass, your lucky you dont have long to wait so youll soon be running after the granchildren :):family2:

Good luck with your journey. I guess that is why we are lucky here in the states. My insurance paid for mine. The only wait I had was a 6 month diet history that insurance required. I am 20 months out and have lost 130 pounds! You will be amazed!!

Hi Liesa,
Welcome to the site, you will get lots of support here and answers to any questions you may have. Good luck with your weight loss journey. x

Hi Liesa
Welcome to the forum. I am along the coast from you in Eastbourne but having op in London.
Plenty of info on here and lots of support too. Get to 50+ posts and you get to see photos and read some inspirational diaries.
Plenty of word games to get the count up

Hi
Welcome to 'The friendly forum'
It's a really good place for information, hints and tips as well as a shoulder to cry on when needed. Get your post count up to 50+ and you will be able to see photos and read diaries.

welcome :)

must say i love brighton and must visit there again soon lol

just had a nosy through my posts and didnt say thanks for the lovely warm welcomes from you all xx thankyou
since i posted that he waiting list changed to a 12 month and scan results in jan this year showed something in an ovary so had to wait and see a gynee at Kings this took forever and really annoyed me big time! they didnt see me for about 4 months... its alright to tell people something has shown up then keep them waiting... i have family history of cancer so left me really worried, anyway eventually went for internal scans whch showed a simple cyst so no treatment nessecary, a further few months went by before getting back to Kings for bypass etc... saw Mr Patel again august i think and hes put me on the waiting list and backdated me to feb this year so now my gastric bypass surgery should take place in feb 2012, which will be fab as my eldest daughter is getting married in july so should be in a smaller size outfit!! wooohooooo very happy, fingers crossed xxxx

Hey Liesa,
Firstly welcome and good luck with your results and journey.
Like yourself I am also from Brighton and am currently on the waiting list for st Georges and hope to be in for my op Feb/March 2012. I have heard that a bi-weekly support group in Newhaven somewhere, do you know if this is the case and have you ever been?

Hiya DT,
sorry dont know your name, but thanks for posting, think i read somewhere online that there is a support group in shoreham... havent tried it so cant tell u much...lol I'm near the University of Brighton on the lewes road... wanna meet up for a coffee and chat compare notes?
lol dont mean to come across as pushy im not just wanna chat to others who are going through the same as me... let me know if u wanna meet xx i dont bite xx lol

Back