• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Whats the one thing your body now has to learn to live without forever?

i cant do rice i can do bread granary only i dont do chocs or biscuits or fizzy drinks or fried food i dont miss them either but the one thing my body dont miss in the slightest is the 4XL clothes it used to be wrapped in lol now down to 1xl

I'm still pre-op so it's interesting reading what people are not missing.
I have my op (By-pass) in 8 days, and am actually enjoying the pre-op diet. Because I'm not just cramming any old rubbish into my cake-hole, the food that does get eaten is tasted, chewed properly and enjoyed.
But afterwards?? I know I'll miss wine . . . and fizzy drinks. And at the moment I reckon I'll miss cake too, but that may change. (I love baking, so that is why cake is mentioned).

I agree with Mazza - if your type of surgery means that you are told by your provider that certain food types cannot be tolerated then you should stick by those rules.

My earlier answer was from the perspective of a bypasser and as I said, not everyone will agree with me but it works for me. Its the main reason I chose bypass over band.

The OP did not say she was only looking for answers from banders.

kelley77 said:
Omg, I think of bacon butties every Saturday morning! Proper crispy bacon on thick White toast. Oooooo brown or red sauce? I miss bacon butties too! But my scales don't lol x

Brown sauce every time!!x

I am sitting here and thinking of something that I have missed since being banded, and tbh the only thing that I do miss is downing a nice pint of very cold ice water in one go ....there isnt any foods I miss at all , considering what I used to eat prior to being banded. Obviously there are foods I cannot tolerate as a bander ( bread,rice, pasta, some stringy veggies, eggs etc) but I wouldnt change this banding for all the ice cold water in the world, because after all I can still drink it , just in smaller quantities. Thanks for reading - Julie xx

Agreed i will eat anything that i want in smaller sizes for instance tonight i had some new potatoes on there own cooked in garlic and loved them, i know its different for us older bypassers but i never skimp on anything i fancy.

Nothing!

I will not deprive myself of any food or food group as regimes like that got me to 21 stone in the first place.

Everything in MODERATION. I know not all will agree with me, but its worked for me - Ive lost my excess and maintained for a year.

I agree with 'everything in moderation'. Granted I am not done and want to lose more but I really really cannot 'diet' in the traditional sense. The mere thought of depriving myself of this or that makes me want to binge on just that! I eat healthily and much less than I used to. But I do eat whatever I fancy (with the exception of fizzy drinks which i never have and chocolate which I only have very rarely).

I eat my a protein rich diet and somewhat avoid (but not completely) 'bad' foods. The beauty of this surgery is that I feel full MUCH sooner than I ever did before so whatever I eat it will be so much less than before. I love my bypass and I am so glad I can now have a 'normal' diet.

Bread is the only thing I have problems with it just feels that it sits heavy and I don't think it tastes the same as it used to but I think alot of food tastes different now.

I'm only 6 weeks post band op and my provider told me to avoid bread, pasta and rice. I haven't missed eating them but you do have to be a bit more organised when it comes to meal planning. I'm going out for my 1st meal out tomorrow to a noodle bar, had anyone had them post band? Are they as bad as pasta?
I miss a big cold drink of larger or cider the most oh and champagne!!

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

CRISPS!! My fave 'pig-out' food, so really it is good, at least for weight-loss. Most other stuff is okay, or was til my last fill.
xxx sharon

Oooh I lurve crisps :)

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back