• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

When can i have a glass of wine???? Lol

Butterfly38

Hi guys any idea how long i have to wait til I can have a very small glass of wine after I've had my op???? Lol

Sorry I had a band so different rules. I waited about 12 or 14 weeks but guidance was only 4 weeks x

The hospital should have given you some advice on alcohol. Generally the advice is usually at least a year.

Bypass recommendation is usually a year. I checked with my dietician and they said they recommend a year but if I didn't want to wait that long then at least 3 months. I waited 4 months but I'm extremely careful as just one glass can make you very drunk post op. It hits you blood stream almost instantly and it's empty calories. Have a word with your dietitian and work out what is best for you and follow their advice. Post bypass everyone reacts differently so it's always suggested that the first time you have a drink you do it with someone you can trust and start slow, and like I say follow your dietitians advice :) x

I waited a year but I'm careful to only have a glass which to be honest is enough to make me giggly and nothing to heavy or sparkling I tend to stick to rose I haven't tried spirits yet

I was told to leave it 6 months post op (I was done @ l&d).
with all stuff going on in the lead up, milk & pre-op diets, I wasn't drinking a massive amount pre-op so when I went on a leaving do 4 months post op it was over 6 months since I'd had a drink... man did it knock me sideways!!! 1 very small glass of rosé & I swear I was half cut... lol!!! Even now 18 mths down the line 2 glasses of wine is my limit!!! OH thinks I'm a right cheap date now... kids meal & a glass of wine then that's me done... ha ha ha ha!

6 months was my provider for band & bypass.

I had a tiny tiny sip of Buck's Fizz and was totally plastered very quickly. Not been back to alcohol since!!

Back