• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

1 week post op - glass of wine ok?

Hi all, i had my bypass one week and two days ago and am on pureed food and feel fine. I am dying for a glass of wine - what do you think?

mistakes can be made after all we are only human :sigh: we learn as we go along this site helps to keep us on track.

liz

Well I am going to be a bander so I hope this is different if not I better get someone to look after my 3 kids for a while because they drive me to the drinks cupboard lol xx

Hi, I didn't wait a year, but have to say didn't even consider a drink like that untill at least 6 months later, and truthfully wasnt even interested in it!!!!!!!

Wouldn't even attempt it now..... give it a good while

oh dear!! im only 7 weeks post op and im must admit ive had a couple of glasses of the vino, all was fine and i most definately would not over do it!! info i have says it is okay to drink alcohol, but to be careful and remember it has empty calories. i think any doctor would recommend not to drink alcohol but with care and moderation i think it is okay (just my opinion, not fact) xxx

Well I'm going away in a couple of weeks for the weekend and will prob have a drink (just a small one) just gotta choose a mixer that aint fizzy and aint fresh orange. I would normally have a pint or 3 of lager lol but not no more so vodka it is

Well I'm going away in a couple of weeks for the weekend and will prob have a drink (just a small one) just gotta choose a mixer that aint fizzy and aint fresh orange. I would normally have a pint or 3 of lager lol but not no more so vodka it is

Thats the problem I have like a vodka but cant find anything to go in it that is not fizzy or acidic...not every where I go sells cranberry juice and last friday had it with pineapple juice but I prefer a bigger drink if you know what I mean otherwise its gone in no time..xx

will have to see what they sell in the bars in Bruge lol or just take some minitures and go a shop get something and drink it in the room lol. I use to like the dilute sugar free vimto in vodka until I put them horrid vitamin drops in the vimto Now the smell makes me wanna puck lol

Just to let you all know i do have a dry sense of humour and am not alcohol mad as you may think by my postings of when and how much can i drink! i saw the consultant today for a checkup and asked and he said once i was on more solid food (about 4 weeks time) it is fine.

Goodbye all -

luv Plonkiexxx

How did your check up go Jan?

hey im 'alcohol mad' jan...nothin i luv more than a bottle of red with the girls!!! n i completely understand ur dry sense of humour after all im a manc. great to hear u are doin so well xxx

Ooo in that case I wont feel to much guilt when I have a drink at my nephews 18th in august. I will be 6mths post op then.

I was told at my six week check up that I could have diet soda (very americanised) which to me is diet/low cal/low sugar fizzy drinks and that is was also ok to have a 'glass' of wine. I really do think he meant only a glass as well. I have tried both and seemed fine. With the wine, I did get that nice warm glow very quickly though and couldnt drink it fast at all. Went to the pub at the weekend and my husband had three pints of lager to my one large white wine. Never ever thought that would happen in my life time!!!!!

Back