• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Glass of wine?

Bloody hell karlos, that's very harsh!

Daisy, I know how you feel - drinking to relax after work was one of my traits and I miss it - it was a habit rather than a 'need'. However, that habit probably helped me to get fat so I'm glad I've managed to stay off it. I don't think a glass of wine here and there is bad, but 3 glasses is pushing it so soon after your op. Buy one glass bottles of wine so you're not able to drink more than a glass next time, I know how hard it is to stop once you've started!

Put it to the back of your mind - I'm sure if you keep on walking like you have been, it won't affect your loss too much x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

The Wii fit is really good, i can't wait to get in and hop on in the evenings!!
Yeah Im defo leaving the booze for special occasions :)
Right Im off out to walk walk walk those cals off!x x x

Bloody hell karlos, that's very harsh!

Harsh why? the "lady" stated she "needed" a drink, her word not mine, indeed she needed three drinks just one week after surgery designed to give her the chance of a new healthy life. My advice was in her very best interests, that she went on the attack in a vain attempt at defence is her problem not mine chuck.

Thanks Karen, what's worse is i used to drink a kopperberg so that defo played a part in me getting fat!!
Me and my boyfriend are going to start a date night, cos with the baby it's hard to get time on our own so we will be going to shows, cinema etc once a week so that'll fill my "need" hopefully :)

Oh pay no heed hun he's obviously a very sad man with no social skills i suppose he needs sympathy however i don't have the patience to entertain so Karlos if you could move along now Im sure you'll find threads to suit your needs more.

I have never needed sympathy honey, you're the one with needs remember. As for social skills Please don't make me laugh, yours clearly never developed further than the playground

Hahaha yeah well done you, you should have another bottle of wine to celebrate. You should look up venom (Google is your friend) and re read your posts, only one spouting vile and venom is you.

Oh I just love your only difference signature line, now that is funny stuff right there, priceless thanks for the giggles. A case of do as I say rather than what I do I see LOL. Well I have things to do so you have a nice day now and thanks again for the laughs

Alright, I think its enough now. If you still have the need I suggest you are doing it in private message. Thank you.

Honestly i don't know nor do i want to know what's going on in your life that makes you so aggressive, Im not the first and won't be the last person to point this out to you. I do feel for you but as i stated weeks back and also earlier on in this thread, Im not equipped with the patience or the desire to help you. I do wish you well and i know at the moment it may impossible for you but I also wish you happiness. Everyone deserves that. Now I'll ask you again and Im hoping you can grasp it, please no matter how down you are feeling, don't comment on my threads. Just pretend Im not here :)

Karlos is known for putting the truth out there. His style may not be to your liking but when you post something on an open forum you do lay yourself open to hearing the truth - hard though that may be to listen to.

You have spent a lot of money on surgery aimed at getting you a better life and then you do something so soon afterwards that may seem to other to be sabotaging that chance.

I do have a lot of experience with the band (not good I am afraid) and one thing I can tell you is that alcohol is the easiest way to 'cheat' it. Once you drink you relax and that relaxes the restriction and then you can eat more. I know this from experience.

I am neither for you or for Karlos - but you have not made yourself look good by resorting to childish name calling. Karlos often says what others don't have the courage to say. Sometimes we need the Karlos's of this world to remind us of why we are here and prompt us to stop sabotaging ourselves. All the soft fluffy 'love you huns' won't make you face your demons - but one short sharp response from Karlos might.

I am not against alcohol either - I am certainly going to make it part of my life once I am through the healing stages. But at this point - two weeks post op - I know my liver has taken a bashing and bruising through the operation itself and my body is healing and trying to process the poison that alcohol is won't help it at all.

I know you have said that you won't do it again - and good for you I hope you stick to that. I think you should just reread your own threads on this subject and ask if this is really how you want to come across on an open forum. I find it better (not easier at all) to judge my own behaviour not others.

I have to kind of agree with karlos and weeble, I'm 5 weeks post op and won't put anything I'm my mouth thats not allowed at our stages. I'm all for having a glass of wine when I'm maybe 6 months out (gone were the days of binge drinking) but would never have risked it for health and weight reasons (it's kind of like saying I've just ate a mars bar 1 week post op) Glad you have decided not to try again at least no damage was done onwards and downwards as they say :) x

Right, everyone said their peace learned from experiences. Let's close this now.

My surgeon swears by Dr O'Briens Golden Rules and he actually says banders do better if they have the occasional glass of wine. I think the key to it all is moderation but us banders can't seem to do that as this is why we got to this stage and have had to resort to surgery. None of us are perfect, if that was the case we would have all lost weight on our own!

Good luck to the OP, no one said this was going to be easy and we all have to make our own mistakes as find our own way x

We all have our demons and if not addressed at this early stage you set yourself up for failure.
Dont think that walking will help shift your need so soon for a drink,its not about the calories it gives so much as the effect on your head.Dont shoot yourself in the foot before you have started.Your insides have not healed yet and your surgeon would be so annoyed at your attitude of indifference.
Karl is a mature,caring,helpful guy and if people cant see he is speaking from experience and not malice I give up!
Truth hurts as they say so dont post stupid questions you already know the answer will be,you said we would advise against so what do you do,have three drinks.Sounds like a kid pushing its luck to me.(Speaking as a 56 year old Mum and Nan!)Hope you get your head round this great opportunity or you will be back where you started in a few years time,it can and does happen ckick so be careful.Maz x

Thanks for all the replies but Im sorry I don't think "putting the truth out there" equals telling someone who had a few glasses of wine (and by the way nowhere in my information states anything about this other than to cut fizzy drinks for life) that they need to speak to their GP about their "need". It's just rude and hurtful but from an attack Karlos made on another poster on one of my earlier threads taught me that that's his style. A style I don't need. I was always lead to believe there is no such thing as a stupid question. I appreciate all CONSTRUCTIVE feedback, it's necessary on a forum like this and it's also what makes it a wonderful place and a wealth of information. I don't think a few glasses of wine are a deal breaker and when healed they will certainly be a part of my life in moderation however i don't think they're worth the calories at the moment -in my opinion-
Thanks all to all who've taken the time to write helpful, informative posts.x

Daisy the date nights are a good idea - filling time with anything other than food is a positive :)

I don't agree with the person who said karlos is caring, he insinuated that daisy is an alcoholic because she said she needed a drink. How many people have said they 'need' a drink after a hard day?! There are ways to give constructive feedback and that isn't one of them.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back