• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

1 week post op - glass of wine ok?

alberqueque

Hi all, i had my bypass one week and two days ago and am on pureed food and feel fine. I am dying for a glass of wine - what do you think?

im a bander but i been told 1 year also for bypass patients.

Is this a wind up?

no my neice had a bypass last september and was told no booze in the 1st year. shes not had any yet. we went out for her sis's 30th 2 weeks ago and she was the only sober 1 among us.

Sorry Liz, I didnt mean is your post a wind up. I meant is the OP seriously considering having alcohol 1 week post op?

I'm going to get on my high horse a bit now. I know I am not post op yet, so I suppose I am not qualified to comment, but it really winds me up when people dont follow the rules.

At one week post op, surely you are going to be very tender - not even properly healed yet. I would imagine that if you do have a drink you are going to feel seriously ill.

Sorry Liz, I didnt mean is your post a wind up. I meant is the OP seriously considering having alcohol 1 week post op?

I'm going to get on my high horse a bit now. I know I am not post op yet, so I suppose I am not qualified to comment, but it really winds me up when people dont follow the rules.

At one week post op, surely you are going to be very tender - not even properly healed yet. I would imagine that if you do have a drink you are going to feel seriously ill.

:D oh sorry sam lol, crossed wires we had there hun, i am silly:rolleyes:

i agree sam, the body is still healing and getting used to nutrition passing through, alcohol at this stage wouldnt be medically very good.

i love my wine but i waited till week 5 as advised by Mr Ammori, I was fine but only had half a glass x x x

i agree teen, every surgeon has different rules, most people ive talked to thats had a bypass tho says 12 months, i think it may be best for everyone to follow what there own surgeon says on this 1.

liz x

I would advise against the wine at such an early stage...give it a few more weeks....like Lisa I was told when I could introduce wine and that was in the 5th week although I waited around 12 weeks before I tried any....xx

ok chill everyone! of course it was a joke - have had part of stomach removed not brain! am on pain killers but still have some sense. And having just chatted with my friend who had her bypass a year ago, both and i cant believe you have been told no alcohol for 12 months. On the post op information i have it says we need to wait until we are eating solid food and then low alcohol can be consumed in small quantities. It is not just amazing the difference in what we are told from area to area its frightening! What else is different? I had my tubes out on Monday and was on liquids, by Monday night consultant said i could try icecream and then i was straight onto pureed which i wasnt expecting. Please relax though - it will be a long time before the alcohol will be served - and i am following rules. You dont go through all of this to be so cavalier about them.

ok chill everyone! of course it was a joke - have had part of stomach removed not brain! am on pain killers but still have some sense. And having just chatted with my friend who had her bypass a year ago, both and i cant believe you have been told no alcohol for 12 months. On the post op information i have it says we need to wait until we are eating solid food and then low alcohol can be consumed in small quantities. It is not just amazing the difference in what we are told from area to area its frightening! What else is different? I had my tubes out on Monday and was on liquids, by Monday night consultant said i could try icecream and then i was straight onto pureed which i wasnt expecting. Please relax though - it will be a long time before the alcohol will be served - and i am following rules. You dont go through all of this to be so cavalier about them.

Jan, the only reason I responded to your question as I did, is that you asked about alcohol post bypass a week ago, and also asked us about going out for a drink whilst you were on your pre op diet.

Nobody here is going to condone having a drink so soon after surgery. You should always follow your own surgeons advice.

Jan, glad to hear that everything went ok with the op, you certainly stirred things up for a little while, I think someone has a dry sense of humour!

Back