• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

When did you pack your bags for surgery?

tesmaralda

ok we've had the what did you take but when did you all have your bags packed by? Was it after your pre op and you had been given a date just incase they rung you and asked you to come in at short notice or did you Leave it to the last minute me being me would mant to do as it soon as possible.lol

I didn't have to take anything bar a book to pass the time...so that took 5 minutes before I left...atAshford you aren't allowed your own stuff for cross infection purposes on a day ward.

Oh and I took my toothbrush and toothpaste, so I did not get death breath....

I tossed things in my bag as I bought them but did not really 'pack' until the night before. I took way too much stuff and did not use half of it.

Now I am sad, but the 27 March I got my date for surgery which was 15 May.... that weekend hubby bought me a lovely pink bag and some new nighties and dressing gown, i packed them there and then.... and then I kept adding things to the bag....... magazine and books toiltries etc, but actually tideid the bag up the week before and zipped it up and put it in hallway ready....

I was so excited

i took 2 nighties - did not wear either- a dressing gown did not wear it lol too warm, my sweet picnk fluffy slippers that everyone wanted, shower gel shampoo/conditioner - they did supply this but well its never the same is it, and a bottle of roll on purfume so i could block out the 'hospital' anticeptic smell - which was not there LOL

Now I am sad, but the 27 March I got my date for surgery which was 15 May.... that weekend hubby bought me a lovely pink bag and some new nighties and dressing gown, i packed them there and then.... and then I kept adding things to the bag....... magazine and books toiltries etc, but actually tideid the bag up the week before and zipped it up and put it in hallway ready....

I was so excited

A girl after my own heart I said to hubby the weekend I need to get my bag started for my op and he looked at me like i was barmy as all ive had are the dates for my pre op, lol. I dont wear pjs or anything as a rule and i bought new ones to have my youngest how is now 2 and they have been stored away since she was about 6 weeks old. am i being a bit to eager?

no your not eager lol i had to buy some as well LOL do not usually wear them

Made a list as soon as I knew then packed just before I left the house and ticked it off my list. I took a load of magazines with me and a book, one of the nurses commented on the amount of mags but its much better to be able to flick through something then read the book as I could not concentrate with excitement.xx

A girl after my own heart I said to hubby the weekend I need to get my bag started for my op and he looked at me like i was barmy as all ive had are the dates for my pre op, lol. I dont wear pjs or anything as a rule and i bought new ones to have my youngest how is now 2 and they have been stored away since she was about 6 weeks old. am i being a bit to eager?

Nope your not being eager!!!!!!!!!! it is a life changing thing your doing, I found it so exciting, cause im the same don't wear anyting to bed and what i do have to wear are for hubbys eyes only.......... may of given the doc a shock!!!!!!!

Do it when you feel ready to I tihnk it helped me get my mind in that place

Back