• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

does everyone really not feel hungry straight after op?

ta gaynor hun hope im like that lol.x

Hi, am only 5 weeks post op and have as yet not felt true hunger. A few times I have felt dizzy/headachey and taken time to realise maybe I need to eat cos I do forget to eat.
I really struggle first thing in the morning to eat, which is ironic cos before my op I couldn't wait to get going on my mountain of daily food!
I too find, like others, I go to get something to eat and then just take one look and head straight back out the kitchen. I also find it really wierd that one day I can eat so very very little and the next day I can manage quite a bit more.
Your OH is right in as much as everyone is different but from what I read we all have alot of similarities too and we will all offer you as much support as possible.
Good luck.
xxxxxxxxxxx

thanx bungle i would love to not feel hunger for a lil bit lol

Am 10 weeks post op - had a fair few probs health wise since, but I have bad habits (don't eat all day till I get home from work). Have been getting the 'empty sensation' for quite a few weeks which reminds me that I have to fuel, but normally a cup of tea suffices. I am trying to eat more but it's not always possible.

Your first couple of weeks post-op, you will barely be able to manage a whole glass of liquid!

i'm 5 weeks post op now, don't feel hungry....EVER....maybe this will or won't change, who knows, i like the others have to remind myself to eat, and of course plenty of fluids too, have lost 5 stone now since the beginning of June, 2 stone 10 lbs since my op and obviously 2 st 4 lbs before

I am almost a year post op and even now sometimes I don't always feel hungry.

Sometimes I do though, usually around 11am, as first thing breakfast is very difficult, so have given up eating till I have had a few cups of tea and other drinks.

It's my evening meal I look forward to most, by then I am hungry in the tru sense of the word, gurgles and all. Its nice because before the op I never truly knew what hunger was.

OH no you don't Mrs!! Its not good and the weight loss slows so make sure you eat your meals. I bet I sound like your mum telling you off lolxxx

ok ok mum hahahahahha i will be good after op i promise and if im not i will come on here and get a gud arse kikin of you hahahahhaaha lin.x

I am 10 weekd post op nd I do feel hungry sometimes but I am easily filled, sometimes with a drink or fruit. I did find however in the beginning I wasn't hungry at all but my sense of smell was incredible. The lady in the bed opposite me had strawberries and was gobsmacked when I told her they smelt gorgeous. She couldn't believe I could smell them from the other side of the ward. I went through a phase when the smell of food knocked me sick as I had a problem with my iron suplements, but now find that I am enjoying the smells again, especially toast, bacon and coffee. I tend to eat when I am hungry rather than every so many hours and following advice from Nic have really tried to push the protein in the last few days and have felt tonsbetter for it. She was worried I wasn't getting enough protein and on looking at my diet she was right. I don't like protein drinks/supplements so have taken to esting lots of meat instead. I was out today and for my lunch i had a beef carvery barmcake with onions but just ate the beef and the onions and it was gorgeous! It was either that or a jacket potato but I am not a cheese lover so would have ended up with just coleslaw on it so went for the beef instead and was really pleased. I am trying to cut down on carbs and push the protein instead and I feel better for it but like you say, everyone is different. I live on chicken and yet my friend who is 18mths post op can't touch chicken even now.

ooohh thanx for that aj food for thought as they say lol.x

hahahahahah i bet ya will lol.x

I still don't believe that I won't be hungry! Don't know why I assume that I will be the odd one out who will still be starving. I have just got up from sleeping after my nightshift and although I had two fried egg sandwiches before bed I have just had the hugest bowl of muesli, I would love not to be hungry ever again!

gillabean im the same i keep thinkin i will be the odd one out to lol i think we will both be ok hehe gud luck for ya op hun lets us knw how you get on im hopin mine is in november to fingers xd eh lin.x

Back