• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

does everyone really not feel hungry straight after op?

pinkylin

ive just been talkin to oh and he sed what if you still feel very very hungry after ya op and i sed you dont ive been told and he sed everyone is dif which i knw and we all experience things dif but just wanted to knw how did you feel straight after op was you hungry did and do smell make you feel hungry even when you hve eatin this worrys me as im scared i will have op a few wks later have somethin to eat and then smell food and still be hungry will this happen or wont it need experts advice here guys and i knw most of you are experts in this by now lol lin.x

HiYa,
I never felt hungry at all straight after my Op, The only thing I wanted was a drink, Certain foods smelt funny to me and made me feel sick. A few months post op I found it hard because although I wasn't hungry, I did miss certain foods and this was hard to get my head around, But as time goes on, you do learn a lot and if you do eat certain wrong foods because you think you really need it then your body will react and you will dump and believe me You will NOT want to go there again and this is all the learning process.
I am 10 month Post Op this weekend and I can honestly say from My own experience, I still don't get that hungry, and i have to remind myself to eat something.
Everyone is different but i am sure you will be ok so try not to worry too much as you will always have your mini mins freinds to help you along your journey.

ahhhhhhhhh thank you hun such a nice post from you thats really helped me cheers for that well done on ya loss btw thats amazing wow lin.x

hi i didnt feel hungry for the first 3 days but have been since i dont know if i am normal or not?
But it dosent take much to fill me up though:D
Good luck

thanx hun how much have you lost since op?

thats brill that hun i cant wait till i start losin lol

6 weeks out and I dont feel hungry, havent since the op. My head however tells me sometimes to go get something but when I do go to get it, I turn round as I really dont want it.
I do like to drink milky coffee though and if my head says get one I usually do lol. But was told thats fine as its made with whole cup of milk and obviously thats good :D

Its hard for the OH's to understand I think, mine still offers me 'a' biscuit, note is say 'a' out of his pile of 8! and I say no, he cant believe I dont want one :D

I do feel hungry now and again but like Elffie sometimes i'll go to get something and turn my nose up at it my tastebuds have changed so much. Its not hunger the way it used to be by any means and sometimes i'm sure its prob head hunger. Won't lie to you i found the 1st two weeks hard with the smell of food around when i was on liquids only but it soon passes and so worth it x

well im 11 months out now and yes i do get hungry and have done from about 4 months. in the early days when you are not hungry it important to follow the guide lines and get yr 6 portions of protien in wether you feel like it or not as that aids healing. From 4 months on i then need to decide if it is real hunger or head/motional hunger. For me it was easy as i really am not an emotional eater and havent missed any foods. from 6 months on i decided on advice given by my endocrainologist only to eat when hungry and for me that has worked well iusually have a milky coffee on waking my breakfast about 9 lunch is usually late afternoon and my dinner mid eve.

thanx girls that was really helpfull i like to know all the facts before i do go into this yeh like anythin will stop now lol but ya know what i mean its good to do all ya research lin.x

Hiya

Im only a month post op and havent felt true hunger yet. I have had cravings but at my early stage I havent really been tempted to have things I shouldnt as the fear of making myself ill is enough of a deterrent.

Like Carole said though, its important to remember to eat - whether you are hungry or not. In the beginning its hard to get all the fluids and "food" that you need, but if you get into a routine it soon gets easier.

thanx sambucca and gail think i need to just listen to my body and take each day as it comes eh lin.x

I had my op on tuesday and i dont feel hungry at all, i was struggling with 4 sips of slimfast yesterday, think it was possibly abit too soon for that, managed a watered down low fat yoghurt today though and 200mls of milky coffee so at least some goodness is going in but i amhaving to make myself drink them no hunger there what so ever X

god i hope im like that lol ta claire congrats on getin ya op hun

ta mixman im sure when im post op i will be bk on askin all what i should do lol

congratulations claire glad to here youre home safe and i hope you have a speedy recovery ............. kath x

Back