• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

When do you start to feel normal?

I would say 5-7 days. This is the worst part. Every day now gets better xx

yh after about a week ure truly on ur way .good luck to u xxxx

Thank you for that so its normal to feel rubbish at the moment then? Just want to make sure there's nothing wrong? Day 3 and I still wanna stay in bed but better get up as its my birthday and may have people coming over which quite honestly I wish wasn't happening the way I feel. Especially as I haven't told all of them not sure how I'll explain my rubbish health at the moment.

Thank you for that so its normal to feel rubbish at the moment then? Just want to make sure there's nothing wrong? Day 3 and I still wanna stay in bed but better get up as its my birthday and may have people coming over which quite honestly I wish wasn't happening the way I feel. Especially as I haven't told all of them not sure how I'll explain my rubbish health at the moment.

Happy birthday to you! I was sleeved on Sunday, so I'm 5 days post-op, but I have to say that only day 1 was a problem, and then only with wind pains so everyone's different. Hopefully you'll feel better after a bit of company and pampering! Try to have a good day Hun xx

Happy birthday triedeverything :) xx

Happy birthday to you!

I am day 3 now and starting to feel a bit better, still a lot of wind, and a bit sore but trying to get up and about as I can't stand being ill in bed, the sleeping is the worst part I can only lay on my back which makes my sleep apnoea worse but all in all starting to heal, hope you have a good birthday and remember, we are on the other side so it will only get better and better x
;)

Hi I'm 5 days post op and feeling not to good I just looking forward to feeling a little better. I'm not in pain just tired and fed up and pining I think for food I can't eat. Do you feel the same? How you will feel better soon. Oh what sort of things are you eating or drinking? X

Hi I'm 5 days post op and feeling not to good I just looking forward to feeling a little better. I'm not in pain just tired and fed up and pining I think for food I can't eat. Do you feel the same? How you will feel better soon. Oh what sort of things are you eating or drinking? X

Hi Annette
I'm just managing on half a weetabix with milk at meal times at moment don't really feel like anything else. Struggling to get my water in to be honest aiming for a litre per day but nowhere near that does anyone know what we should be drinking per day this early?

I'm struggling with all the meds can anyone tell me if I have to keep going with them all? Obviously I'll keep up with the injections into my tummy as that is to stop blood clots but the disolveable paracetemol is turning my stomach and I have to have 2 four times a day plus all the over meds. Did anyone just stop taking them?

I'm struggling with all the meds can anyone tell me if I have to keep going with them all? Obviously I'll keep up with the injections into my tummy as that is to stop blood clots but the disolveable paracetemol is turning my stomach and I have to have 2 four times a day plus all the over meds. Did anyone just stop taking them?

What are you taking the paracetamol for? I've only been given lanzaprole and something to stop gallstones forming. Can you ring your provider or the hospital pharmacy and check with them? Everyone's experience and advice is so varied! Hope you feel better soon!

3 weeks and felt great. I was very tired the first couple of weeks post op. feel smashing 3 months down the line!

Huni, I was given lanzoprazole for acid and they are def worth taking but stopped the pain killers and anti sickness as soon as I left the hospital. Paracetamol are renowned for upsetting your stomach if you are a bit sensitive.
If you can manage without them then I would say stop. However PLEASE check with your provider because as you will soon see from this forum, each provider has huge differences in their recommendations and its always best to do what they advise.
Hope you feel better soon
Hugs x

Agree, after a week you'll be well on your way to feeling better. After 4 your energy will begin to return. I felt like totally like myself again once I was onto normal diet at 8 weeks. Just keep your fluids up, and eat little and often, these first few days and weeks its a full time job just to nourish yourself. But I promise, it gets better.

You can stop the pain killers if you're not in pain the rest you need to check with your provider. Remember you've just had major surgery and it will take some time to recover.

I'm 17 days post op and went back to work yesterday.
In my experience I can say that I started feeling better when I was allowed puree food. I really felt dizzy on the clear liquid stage (my surgeon made me skip the full liquid stage and move on to puree after 2 weeks).

Back