• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Is is normal to feel hungry????

yasmina29

Hi all,

I have been very good with the post op diet, 12 days gone and recovering well, however, I feel so hungry... is it normal??? Another question, the third phase of the diet when does it start??? Is it at the end of the second week, so when I am 15 days post op do I start the third phase??? I so confused:confused:... please urgent advice.
Thanks

All the surgeons give different instuctions Yasmin. I'm on liquids only for 4 weeks!
I think the hunger varies for everyone. I haven't felt hungry at all since the op, which is a really weird feeling in itself. I've read about lots of people who feel hungry straight away and others who suddenly get their appetitie back 3 years down the road.

How's the weight loss going?

Hi Miss Tickle, the weight loss is ok I have lost 3kg since my op... in the guidelines that I was given it says for me to start the third phase on Monday (I think)... I just hate this feeling of hunger, I honestly thought it would just go away... it's only been 12 days, thanks for your quick reply
xxx

hello,

Speak to your team and make sure you are eating/drinking the right things and on the right phase for you.

You may not be hungry as such, it may be head hunger or habit... Make sure you are get plenty fluid and protein. x

Hi I was hungry too and my restriction didnt kick in till 3 or 4 weeks.
Now I have to be careful!
I recieved some very good advice from Peterborough guy who told me its because after the op the stomach is quite swelled but once it when down I was fine and cant eat stuff I could eat at first like toast which I didnt know at the time is a complete no no.
Best of luck Max

sometimes you can mistake hunger for thirst - make sure you are drinking enough fluid and when you get hungry have a drink first before trying to eat. Sometimes its boredom or habit so occupy yourself and then if after 30 minutes you still feel hungry then have a protein low cal/carb snack

everywhere is different, i started on puree for at least 4 weeks, then i progress onto soft food, then normal food, if i can tolerate softs.... sorry i am not much help...i dont feel hungry or full, i just seem to stop eating because my diet sheet says to only have 2-4tbsp of puree, good luck on getting your answers, maybe ring your dietitian to make sure xxxx

Thanks to everyone, sorry I didn't get back earlier but my uni work dosen't stop lol... that is what is keeping me busy... I have now started the 3rd phase but taking it easy, I am so scared of becoming ill that I eat extra slowly lol... but that feeling of hunger is gone now (thank God) as I do never want to feel it again. Thanks everyone

I am also feeling really really hungry at only 7 days post op! The liquids fill me up at the time but within an hour i am hungry again. I don't think it is thirst as I am sipping constantly throughout the day. I am wondering what the 'science; is behind the 2 weeks on liquid and what might happen if i tried to start the next phase early??? trying to figure out how to tell hunger and 'head hunger' apart. any advice???

Back