• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

When do you start to feel normal?

Hiya triedeverything, Soz I haven't been in-touch, But I'm the same way with the paracetamol. I haven't took any at all today. I still have a bit of wind pain floating about and my stomach is saw. But I have managed lol. Happy Birthday for yesterday. and I managed a bit of mash with philly on tonight, only 2 teaspoons because I didn't want to push myself. by god it was nice xxx

Thanks guys just struggling with what to eat I'm not feeling like cooking at all yet tried some tomato soup for tea it went down ok but I didn't really want it. Thinking of purreing a quorn sausage and some baked beans tomorrow? Wonder if that will be ok?

I'm struggling with all the meds can anyone tell me if I have to keep going with them all? Obviously I'll keep up with the injections into my tummy as that is to stop blood clots but the disolveable paracetemol is turning my stomach and I have to have 2 four times a day plus all the over meds. Did anyone just stop taking them?

Hiya, I was banded on Tuesday, I stopped taking the soluble paracetemol yesterday as they were awful, I have tried to do without and have just a bit of calpol if I need it, am still having the diclofenic suppositries at night just the one but trying really hard to get off the pain killers.

Hope you start to feel better soon, I am trying to be up and about as much as possible but did have an hours nap this afternoon.

xx

well if it works for you, I will try some x

Thanks guys just struggling with what to eat I'm not feeling like cooking at all yet tried some tomato soup for tea it went down ok but I didn't really want it. Thinking of purreing a quorn sausage and some baked beans tomorrow? Wonder if that will be ok?

Have you checked your post op guidelines?
You're only 3 days post op and almost all of us were on liquids only stage at that moment.
It's very important you follow your guidelines so that you don't damage your stomach.

Yeah ano hun the mash was mush their was loads of gravy in it. So I thought it was ok

I've heard some Bypass patients can go straight to puree stage. A friend of mine did. She started puree from the first day home.
Lucky them! I've struggled through 2 weeks of clear liquids! And even now that I'm on purees I'm still not allowed some foods as bread, pasta, biscuits, rice, eggs and raw fruit and vegetable.

No liquids but I just thought really mushy would be ok. Better not do that again. Thanx anyway lesson learned x

Mashed potato is not a liquid. Havent you been given guidance/suggestions by your provider? jeez these are such early days to not be following the rules.

Bally I know that which is why I always ask first.

So am I ok to have really mushy mash n gravy lisa x

Yeah thats why I had it lisa. Thanx hun for putting my mind at peace. Goodnight x

Yeah thats why I had it lisa. Thanx hun for putting my mind at peace. Goodnight x

in my booklet that I got it said for first week as follows:-

breakfast - fruit juice or pureed porridge

lunch thick soup - sieved

snack one pot of low fat yogurt

supper, either soup or mashed potato & veg with lots of gravy, v sloppy

I hope I haven't damaged my stomach too, I was just following the booklet!

:cry:

Thanks gems I was worried. Thinking that I had done wrong. But I guess so hospitals are different. Thanx hun x

I know the guidance from SRH, where Caraline was bypassed & I was sleeved, is to just put us all onto purée (sloppy consistency) from day one.

Same as me that's what Ive been told but not really had much at all unless you count sloppy weetabix and they gave me puréed cauliflower cheese in the hospital!

Mashed potato is not a liquid. Havent you been given guidance/suggestions by your provider? jeez these are such early days to not be following the rules.

Bally I know that which is why I always ask first.

I would like to say your reply is not constructive or useful just nasty. We are gastric bypass patients and Caraline and I were given the same information by our qualified dietician. Every Hospital have their own plan. For OUR surgery we had just water after surgery for the rest of that day and the following day. Tiny sips and an iv. Operation was on Tuesday. Thursday morning the HOSPITAL gave us a choice of either porridge or quarter wheatabix and milk. (neither are clear liquid) We are to continue for 4 weeks on the puree diet from the thursday. Just a teaspoon at a time. We have done to the letter every single thing our primary care trust, surgeon and dietician has asked. We reach every weight target and surpassed it to cus and say its early to avoid advice is offensive and rude.

If you can not be helpful please do not comment on our posts. We are just days post op and I would not of coped if I had not had caraline and Lisa em there to due to my reaction to the anesthetic. I have been laid up with a dreadful headach/migraine and finally back on here to announce post op all full of glee and I read your snotty comment.

Sunderland is a leading bariatric surgery with a designated team so I am fully confident that all the information they have given us is correct and we will continue to follow it without your snide comments. (hopefully)

Clearly you're not required to have liquids at the beginning then! I did ask that.

Clearly we were required liquids at the beginning. Post Op just water and the following day. day 3 puree starts.

Sorry May guys.. Just back on here been laid up with a bit of a bad reaction to the meds. Headach is lifted and all perky again..
Post Op. Had Gastric bypass (whoop whoop) was able to do it despite my scars from previous icky times. Operation was on Tuesday 21.5.13 at Sunderland Royal Hospital and they were filming the fat surgeons program but Caraline, lisa and I declined to be filmed ;) The surgery went well. It was the headach that blinded me and laid me up for the two days not any bad operation pains. It was suprising moderate pain in the torso. We were given morphine and iv drips to get liquids in post op. We were given a limit of 1litre of water to drink. Just tiny sips. We did not have to drink all of it but was encouraged to. We were on our meds straight away too. Tablets didn't cause a problem. Kept them down. I have purchased a mouli from amazon to puree my food. As we have a minimum of 4 weeks puree diet of about 6 tiny meals a day. I am having about 2 teaspoons a meal at the moment. I will try and upload our book onto post op diet pages later on. So good luck everyone left to go in May and stay strong everyone on the post op diets. We will all get there. As usual I am a planner so already planning ahead I will post my food schedule later but so far i puree a whole can of game soup (baxters) and its in the fridge. I have 1 soup spoon of game soup and one aunt bessie mash disc for ease last night for dinner. I did not eat all of it. I had all the soup and about a teaspoon of the mash. All stayed down and was very tasty. half an hour after the meal i had half a cup of tea. (made whole cup but only sipped half.) the cup holds 150ml of liquid.
oh and lost 8lbs since Monday. Sorry a lot of information in one hit but catching up still! hugs to all you lovely ladies and gent.
Kat x

I'm 2 days post op and wondered when I would start feeling better? I just want to sleep and I have quite a bit of discomfort?

Congrats on post op triedeverything. There will be a lot of gas in you from the operation the only way to get it out of you is move about. If it is more than gas give your provider a call and ask them if you can take any painkillers or windeaze stuff to help the other on its way.. Also keep up fluids and a docusate is good to help keep erm stuff moving so dont get bunged up. keep things soft. sorry if too much info there. Its just what we followed at Sunderland. Hope you are feeling much better now.
hugs
Kat
x

Back