• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

When I've lost the weight ....

slimmerkay

There are the obvious things I will be happy about when I've lost the weight:

Being healthier;
Being able to buy "normal" clothes;
Being able to sit in an aeroplane seat AND fasten the safety belt.

But there are some silly things I'm looking forward to aswell:

Being able to cut my toe nails without squeezing my belly fat against my lungs;
Being able to buy a pair of wellies that fit around my calfs;
Being able to get in the bath/shower with my hubby if the mood takes me ;);

What are you looking forward to?

Being able to put a pair of socks on without getting out of breath.
Being able to play with my dog on the park rather than having to sit down on the bench every few minutes.
Having tops which fit properly. At the moment the larger sizes I need for my stomach and arms always gape at the front because my boobs aren't big enough.

I am lookin forward to being healthier and being able to wear tops that aint gotta come down to me knee caps to hide me apron. I wanna feel as good as I look ....

here's a small thing which is a big deal to me...Being able to go on pepsi max rollercoaster in blackpool, been booted off it twice coz im too big!! how embarrasing :(

I just said on another thread...everyone has what I call "skinny fantasies"
my list is way to long...lol..
I didn't realised until I created my list of how much my weight issues has held me back.here are just a few..
They are the usual ones..like
Nice smaller clothes /underwear/shoes.
To wear rings on my fingers.
To walk not run from the changing rooms to the swimming pool.
To get life insurance..lol
Get off meds if possible.
Play with my kids for longer..and no longer be the person holding the bags watching everyone else have fun.
Get married (only been together 21 years...)
Get hugged with someones arms that go all the way around me..:cool:
Book a holiday one year from the day of my op..and be fit enough to enjoy it..
:cool:

here's a small thing which is a big deal to me...Being able to go on pepsi max rollercoaster in blackpool, been booted off it twice coz im too big!! how embarrasing :(

I went on it earlier this year. I couldn't get the seat belt on so just tucked it under me but the attendant caught me out. He managed to get it to lock but only after spending ages trying to do it and I was so embarrassed.
I was meant to go to Alton Towers recently with some friends but just didn't dare as I'd gained more weight.

I went on it earlier this year. I couldn't get the seat belt on so just tucked it under me but the attendant caught me out. He managed to get it to lock but only after spending ages trying to do it and I was so embarrassed.
I was meant to go to Alton Towers recently with some friends but just didn't dare as I'd gained more weight.

1st time he tried very hard for me but just couldnt get it fastened, 2nd time had lost a bit of weight and risked trying again but i got off b4 someone told me to as still wouldn't fasten!! We only go to blackpool or flamingoland coz i dare not go on plane due to size and i can't even fully enjoy myself there!! But I just go coz of my kids and my 9year old sister...no reason they shud miss out :) im the person with the pram and bags :(

I'm looking forward to painting my toe nails :)

trying out thongs!:eek::D never worn them but they look sexy!

maybe being able to wear high heeled shoes again

skinny jeans

riding a bike

dance classes

learning to ice-skate!

Be able to go out to a venue without worrying if the chairs will be strong enough or have arms that dig in.

I look forward to being able to go on a long walk in the countryside and actually enjoy it.

most of the above, plus:

running up the stairs to Bedfordshire without getting out of puff or dragging my self up with the handrail.
greatly improved sex life with OH
packing a suitcase and including bikinis
going into a clothes shop (any clothes shop) and not feeling guilty/embarrassed/ugly/freaky... and buying something because I like it - not just because it fits!
partying the night away with my girlfriends - not making excuses to stay home

and many more!!!!

And another ...

Be able to do beach sports like the paragliding thingy - always wanted to was put off by the image of me being dragged into the water like a beached whale :(

Feeling more energetic and being able to get a better quality of life...

Less weight on my back, will mean less pain for my poorly spine.

I shall look forward to blending in with a photograph, rather than being usually the largest in every group picture taken...

Plus I want to start swimming so badly to help my back, but parading in a costume... is a while off... it will happen

xxx

I like this thread!

I have got loads too.

I cant wait to.....

-Take up horse riding again.
-Have a proper honeymoon and wear skimpy sexy outfits.
-Wear a bikini.
-Enjoy a really hot summer without suffering!! Might have to move abroad for that one though, hehe.
-Stop feeling like the odd one out.
-Eat food in public without being paranoid.
-Go on loads of thrill rides with my kids.
-Have my picture taken.
-Be happy.

I forgot to say Im also going to do some serious shopping. I am making my husband nervous just talking about it. I do fantasy online shops all the time where I look at size 14 clothes which I would like to buy. Bring it on!!!!!

Leesh x

I forgot to say Im also going to do some serious shopping. I am making my husband nervous just talking about it. I do fantasy online shops all the time where I look at size 14 clothes which I would like to buy. Bring it on!!!!!

Leesh x

Haha Leesh, me too! It's god fun!:D

I've always wanted to learn to horse ride, i'd love to give that a go.....

and parascending......on holiday with my OH and kids....... Yay!

and a more simple one...just strolling around on holiday and browsing in the sops with no pain

Great thread and one i was thinking about starting so great timing!
Sitting in the car without my belly touching the steering wheel
Going on an aircraft and not worrying about whether i'll need an extension belt
Putting on my trainers and still breathing
Tucking tops in
Shopping at New Look!
Getting matching bra and pants...without the bra looking like scaffolding and getting "butt munch" with the pants!
Buying suits for work and power dressing
Getting some killer killer heels and looking hot!

Sure there's more but that'll do for now :)

Leesh x

I have never been a 'normal' weight my entire adult life and I really don't feel that I have any sense of style. I've just lived in casual clothes which covered me up. If I get my surgery and lose the weight I want to go to a store and enlist a personal shopper to help me pick an entire new wardrobe. Otherwise I'd probably get it all wrong and dress too young or too frumpy.

Back