• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

When I've lost the weight ....

Most of the above were my wishes and ones that I've achieved as I'm almost to goal. The one big one that put a huge smile on my face was sitting on the bus and looking down and seeing that my bottom ended well before my seat joined to the next one - never been able to see that before, and also people looking down the bus and deciding to sit next to me because they would get more room to sit - the opposite was true 9 months ago. Its the little things that really get you!

I have never been a 'normal' weight my entire adult life and I really don't feel that I have any sense of style. I've just lived in casual clothes which covered me up. If I get my surgery and lose the weight I want to go to a store and enlist a personal shopper to help me pick an entire new wardrobe. Otherwise I'd probably get it all wrong and dress too young or too frumpy.

I have a realy good friend (who's only 21!) with a great sense of style. She's made me promise she's the first person I'm going to go shopping with...and she's going to be my style guru! :D
I hope I don't end up dressing too young...but to look trendy would be such fun!

I hope to..

- Buy clothes i like instead of just clothes that 'fit'
- Not be referred to as "She's got a beautiful face and personality, shame about the body"...jerks
- Be able to straighten my hair quickly without having to stop every so often to give my wings a rest from reaching round the back.
- Being able to lie on my back without looking like i'm lying on a cushion where my arse is!
- Be able to where shoes! Ive been living in crocs for about 3 years! :9529:
- Beig able to stand the heat!
- Not have furniture break on me when i sit/lie on it
- Actually just say "yeh lets go to cinema/theatre/theme park/zoo etc" without worrying about whether i will be able to fit in the seats or walk around.
- Paint/cut my toe nails without it looking like some sort of yoga move
- When walking around and accidently bump into something not have someone shout "Cant you control that ass?"

just a few...:rolleyes:

Great thread!

To feel normal
To dress how i want to dress not just get what fits
To have loads of energy
To be pain free
To look in mirrors and think this is me and be happy
To beable to go to theme park and join in with the fun
To wear heels
To fit in theatre seats
To be able to fly on a plane comfortable & fasten the belt
To go on holiday wear swim wear without feeling horrible
To feel my age
To get back my confidence and self esteme :D

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this one yet but my favourite at the moment (as i've only lost a little bit of weight) is..........

Crossing my legs without it being hard work to keep em crossed...........

I also know another person on this forum who enjoys doing this in the front of her hubby's VW Camper, don't i Lisa? x

Haha Julie... that is one of my hopes too!
Putting my own socks on!
We will do it precious... we are on our way!
Loads of love xxx

ha ha Jacqui - my cat will miss his cuddle on the boobies - I've told him that they will go the journey and he'll have to settle for cuddles on the kneecaps...

I'm also looking forward to getting into bed and not sending shockwaves across it... or turning over and not squishing my OH (he may miss that tho!)

Shopping weekends - I've a lot of years to make up for!!!

Would also like to go on adventure holidays - trekking, mountain climbing and abseiling perhaps.

Going out to cafes or pubs and not feeling like I should have stayed at home.

Blending in, being the same, being Mrs Average.

ha ha Jacqui - my cat will miss his cuddle on the boobies - I've told him that they will go the journey and he'll have to settle for cuddles on the kneecaps...

Was talking to my daughter (who's 10) earlier about getting surgery and after a number of (very sensible questions) she mentioned about cuddles and i pointed out the bosom pillows would still be there but might be smaller...she chuckled and was happy!

Went shopping today with mum. Evans having a sale. I was looking around thinking "I wont HAVE to shop here soon." :D

Then I thought "Emm should I buy a couple things in each decreasing size whilst the sale is on?" I didn't but that's what I will do in a few months. Otherwise I wont have anything to wear as the weight comes off. Good as I am with a sewing machine not everything can be altered.

See how positive my thinking is lol ;)

Oooo I thought of another:

I will enjoy taking a bath and seeing the water flow between the sides of my thighs and the sides of the bath. Instead of seeing my thighs squeezed and wedged against the side of the bath ;)

Hahahaha.... me too Karen.... I cannot move when I am in the bath.... it's such a tight fit!

Talking of baths.... it's my place for a damn good singing session.... I can be any Diva that I want to be behind that locked door.... hahaha...

I've been recorded before now and had it played back at parties.... I always deny it's me!

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥¸•♫♪♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥¸•♫♪♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥¸•♫♪

My bath is a shorter one to (so it fits in the postage stamp we call a bathroom), so I'm also looking forward to soaking in a real sized bath when we move.

My friends in south wales have a claw footed old bath. It's massive. I love filling it up with hot soapy water and lolling in it till I turn lobster red and go all wrinkly lol.

Awww those Victorian style baths make you feel good... one of my wishes is for a Jacuzzi Bath at home when my weight improves... it's been on my list for a while... and I am a believer in 'Girls having their Dream Lists', mine grows by the day! Haha... no harm in dreaming and chasing a dream now and again...
Loads of love Karen xxx

My big wish is to be able to show my Dalmatians, and win, without looking really red and sweaty in the winners photos!!!

Lots of running involved in showing a dally and all my winning pics I look absolutely bloody knackered!!

Not a good look! Especially when they then publish in the dog papers!!

Went shopping today with mum. Evans having a sale. I was looking around thinking "I wont HAVE to shop here soon." :D

Then I thought "Emm should I buy a couple things in each decreasing size whilst the sale is on?" I didn't but that's what I will do in a few months. Otherwise I wont have anything to wear as the weight comes off. Good as I am with a sewing machine not everything can be altered.

See how positive my thinking is lol ;)

I bought a top I've had my eye on in the Evans sale........in a size 20! I'm currently a size 24/26. BUT NOT FOR LONG!

I would love to wear stockings! My thighs are too big, even the biggest I can find 8XL roll up at the top and dig in and hurt, ive always had bigger thighs :(

Well guys I am glad to say all these are achievable in time.
I went to tenerife last month and was able to take part in the following
Table Tennis
Swimming
Water arobics
water volleyball
going on the rides at the water park
walking around without getting out of breath
walking without my stick
Sitting in comfort on the plane (still used the seat belt extension though)
All this and I'm only 6 months post op.
And of course I needed a new wardrobe
Hope your wishes all come true

Back