• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

When should i weigh myself?

ginzeh

Hi,

I've recently had a gastric balloon, and not sure when and best way to weigh myself!!

I got weighed at my doctors 6 days after having it and they said i'd lost 6.6kg but i dont feel it and not sure if there scales are rubbish?

when the hospital weighed me i was 14st 8lbs ...they used like an expensive looking scales (privately funded proceedure and private hospital)

whereas doctors was just a plasticy bog standard scales...!

im not sure whether to buy cheap scales, expensive ones and when to weighm weekly, daily, 2 weekly etc.

thanks for reading, answers or opinions would be gratefully appreciated =D

Gina x

Get some salter digital ones £20 or so from Argos. I weigh most days but only record Saturday morning's weigh in. I keep a track of my weekly loss for my own records :)

Thanks for your reply! I'll definetly look into them, might see if theyre same ones my work sell, get a bit of discount too then!

I'm looking forward to weighing myself but scared at the same time! =) x

I realised after I wrote that you're probably in America with no idea what Argos is lol.

Lots of people get obsessed with weighing but I find it a useful way to keep an eye on progress.

lol, why would you think im in america?! im in uk, south east, doesnt it show on my profile? =/

i thought this was a uk based site?

x

I can't see people's profile info? Oh I don't know, maybe it is a uk one?

I bought some salter ultimate accuracy scales and they are super accurate, when I weighed myself on my op day, I was weighed again when I went in for surgery (private so much better than the docs surgery scales) and they were the same.

But, stick to weighing yourself to once a week, your weight can naturally fluctuate by up to 5lbs within a day so to get a better idea you should choose a day, and weigh yourself at the same time, with the scales in the same place each time :)

Your own good quality scales are a good idea, I got some weight watchers ones a few years a go that weigh up to 30 stone. I brought them in tesco for £45 I think. Big and heavy duty looking and always found the accurate. I always weigh the same on them as I do at the hospital but I find myself weighing myself very often. If you think that would be a prob it may be better to pop to boots or most big tesco's have their own excellent scales that measure bmi and body fat at the same time. You get a little print out too which is good to keep for you records. I would think doing that once a week or every 2 weeks would be a good idea too :) x

Last edited:
I bought a good quality digital scales for the home and as a rule weigh myself every monday morning. Thing is, there is always at least 1 kilo difference between my home scales and the scales I get on either at the Doctors or the weight management centre I go to.

Back