• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

WHERE WOULD YOU GO FROM HERE?

TMD68

Six Month Post Op
In brief...

Had band op 12th June 2009.

Had first fil 8 weeks post op as normal. And since then had a fill every month since.

Had 2 fils under x-ray and go for a 3rd one on Wednesday under x-ray

Currently I have 6.8ml in a 10ml band - and have ZERO restriction of any kind. I have full tolerance of ALL foods.

I have kept a strict food diary for 6 weeks which the dietician has commented I have a good knowledge of textured and nutritious food.

And so -- 9 months post op I am .1kg LESS than my counsultation.

Total head f***

They are planning to put my case before the bariatric medical review board.

So. Where now? They are surprised with the amount of fluid in I have no restriction - will I be one of these peoplke who needs their band at practicall full for it to have some kind of effect?

I am having to go to councilling as truly, I am all over the place emotionally - as one would expect having been on the yo you diet trian for the past 20 years, having this done and WHAM - OMG like everything else - nothing. Thyroid and bloods are clear.

DO I persevere? or do I push for a bypass (and from what I am led to believe it wouldnt be much of a push)

I just dont know what to do for myself. My antidepressants have been upped, my mood is black and chilling, I am plain miserable all the time and its just not me.

I dont expect anyone here to have a magic wand - but you know used tyoing it out to get it 'out the head' helps..

no wonder you feel this way, i really hope that with another fill you will get some restriction at least you will know your going in the right direction. wishing you luck on the rest of your journey x

Hiya

Sorry your feeling so crappy but no wonder! The amount each person needs in their band to get restriction varies from person to person and yes you may be one of the people who need your band practically full. Unfortunatley we cant answer that for you but can just offer you support.

There are a number of people on here that have more in their (smaller) bands than you do and have found that the extra fill has really improved restriction.

As you have had a fill every month it sounds as if they are giving you small fills, this isnt a bad thing as you havent had to go through the being 'too tight' experience.

I hope you either get another fill soon or they are able to offer you any support needed (NHS or private? sorry cant remember).

The important thing is that they are taking notice. have they tried emptying the band completly to see if much has aspired?

Good luck x

I'm so sorry to hear about your predicament, I can't imagine how you must be feeling right now :(

It's just an idea, and I could be barking up the wrong tree, but has anyone looked at your antidepressants as a possible factor? Some can cause weight gain, whether by causing your appetite to increase, your metabolism to slow down or however else they can affect weight. Might be worth asking if it hasn't already been ruled out as a cause.

Two of the medications I take are notorious for causing weight gain, hence why I'm now in the position of needing WLS. I'm terrified of ending up in a similar situation to yourself post-op :confused:

OMG, no wonder you're p'd off! I would be too. We have this wls knowing its not gonna be easy but to get results, and you've not had them. I hope they sort you out quickly. Will they not fill the band a considerable amount more to see if this gives the desired affect? Sorry am not as up on bands as i am having a bypass...

I see you say you're going before a bariatric review team. Would you consider a bypass now you've had no joy with a band? Gosh i really hope you get the answers you need now and the results you deserve...

ps, rant away if it helps you xx

You poor thing, Id be a basket case! .....What am I on about, I am a basket case :D Good Luck with your next fill, hope it works out for you. x

Back