• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

HELP

kphorrox

i just dont know what to do now i have been seeking help for three years from my gp ive seen dieticians, had two types of diet pill prescribed by doctor done slimming world and weight watchers.
i am 23st 8lbs and still no one will refer me for surgery this is effecting me emotionally where i am a recluse mentally and physically and im only 33 can anyone advice me i go onto web sites and find it so confussing
help kerry:cry:

Have you looked at going private? It is a bit of money but you can get finance for it. You would be seen and done in a month. Saying that I am surprise you haven't been referred after 3 years.

Hi & welcome to minimins. We are big family of people in various stages of our weight surgery journey.

You should start here:

http://www.minimins.com/surgical-weight-loss/66792-nhs-funding-surgery-where-start.html

Few questions for you so we can support you:

Do you know what type of weight loss surgery you want (band, bypass, balloon sleeve)?

Have you spoken to your gp specifically about surgery? If so did he/she refuse? Did they give a reason?

Do you know the criteria for surgery in your area? If not follow the link to BOSPA in the thread above.

Don't worry, with all the lovely people here someone is bound to be able to offer some helpful advice.

Nic;)

i went to the doctors on advice on loosing weight after not suceeding with weight watchers and slimming world.
the tried me on xenical then another slimming pill which i had no sleep and made me paranoid.i then went to see a dietician.
I decided to see another doctor and asked about the band he said he new little about this and ive heard nothing since.
then this week my husband went to the doctors and spoke about his concerns about me and they said im to go on the food for thought programme .which will not stop the food going in and if it was as easy as that surely it would have worked three years ago. i obviously have a problem with food going in so seeing a dietician or going on a liquid diet wont help been there done that .
i went on the BOSPA website and got all confussed as im not very good with the net.
I will travel any where in the country but cant afford private .
kerry

i went to the doctors on advice on loosing weight after not suceeding with weight watchers and slimming world.
the tried me on xenical then another slimming pill which i had no sleep and made me paranoid.i then went to see a dietician.
I decided to see another doctor and asked about the band he said he new little about this and ive heard nothing since.
then this week my husband went to the doctors and spoke about his concerns about me and they said im to go on the food for thought programme .which will not stop the food going in and if it was as easy as that surely it would have worked three years ago. i obviously have a problem with food going in so seeing a dietician or going on a liquid diet wont help been there done that .
i went on the BOSPA website and got all confussed as im not very good with the net.
I will travel any where in the country but cant afford private .
kerry

what area do you live should be able to get info from bospa for you id say at your weight you should criteria. find out the head dr of your surgery take your husband with you and tell them you want to be refered for it saying you have tried all the other options and you have done your research as to what op you want[read up befor hand] i think sometimes going in sounding confident about what you want helps . if they still refuse id change dr's and find a more sympathetic one good luck xx

ps and welcome

Yeah, if ur GP doesnt know about these types of surgeries you do the research. Get all clued up on which type of surgery you would like. Whether you fit BOSPA's requirements, which local hospital and surgeon does this treatment for you. As much as you can, and go armed with the paper work!

Good luck!!! xx

i live in preston which is central lancashire after failing with others doctors me and my husband went to the head doctor in which i never heard back from him

kphorrox I originally spoke to my GP 18mnths ago re band and she took little notice after 3/4/ tries she sent to PCT for criteria, which I already knew as I had researched on the net.
I then had to take diet pills which didnt work as I honestly didnt eat that much fat
Then after another couple of attempts I gave my GP all the reasons why I felt I would benefit from Gastric surgery
She then took me seriously and sent off for funding which I received 6 weeks later
I am now going through the procedures leading up to op date
Dont give up .........I think fed up is right if you sound like you know what you are talking about without making the GP feel you are telling them what to do I think they will listen to you Give it a try

Love nhugs Jay xx

if your gp wont refere you hun then change gp's a few people have because of this and have got there referal else where.

liz x

Back