• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Whoops - Just had a McDonalds Breakfast!

Peterborough Guy

Luton and Dunstable
Hey before you moan at me, I did change my eating habits from a double and sausage egg McMuffin Meal to a Baguette with a scraping of Light Philadelphia.

I still feel guilty about actually going there, and needed to tell someone, but I had to meet the boss.

Have I been naughty?

dont feel guilty, you have had a little slip up no where near as bad as some wls patients have, the best thing is you have recognised what you have done and openly admitted it, you have done so well am sure this one treat wont harm, just try not to make a habbit of it then it wont spiral out of control and undo all that great work you have done. all the best barbara xx :)

Definitely echo what Barbara says. Guilt doesn't burn calories so feeling guilty is a wasted emotion. just concentrate on moving forward x

(If only guilt did burn calories, I'd be the size of Cheryl Cole by now!

I think you should give yourself a pat on the back for going into macdonalds and only having what you did!
Mmmm I love their doubles sausage and egg mcmuffin meals.

their bagels are nasty...its just a hamburger bun with the middle cut out

u should have eaten a REAL bagel...om nom nom!! sorry....im a bit lame with dieting as u can tell. cant believe how much u have lost on ur pre op....i struggled doing it for the 6 days i had to!!

There bagels are nice, I have to say I really enjoyed it, maybe cause I knew I was being naughty. lol

I can't believe how much I've lost as well lol, I'm not doing anything exceedingly special, just sticking to a 1200 cal a day and watching what I eat.

Well done it could have been a worse trip to mac D's a little of what you fancy can help you in the long run as you wont then crave the really naughty stuff.

I am unsure of how many calories are in a bagel but the Philadelphia is all good :) especially if its light.

Have you tried the site myfitnesspal? you put it what you have eaten and it tells you the calories etc in it.
I have just checked for your bagel but its not on there but the sausage egg and cheese one is 540 calories.

Yes i use it everyday, on my laptop and mobile, love it, im a bit of a sucker for useful apps lol

Well the bagel was dry with a very light spreading of Phil Light, but was actually quite pleasant to be honest.

Just hope I don't pay too much for it on the scales though lol

I cant see that you will pay for it the light phili is great and a bagel is just like a bread roll, are you introducing carbs back into your diet now?

Im pre op, so still can eat anything i like really, just trying to be really good, would like to lose 5 stone, before I have my op to help me through it.

Hows it going for you, I see Mr Jain at L&D on the 2nd June for the first time.

Could be worse, could be a almond croissant, fresh from the bakery.... I'm surprised you could manage a whole bagel though, i couldn't at your stage and i had a good appetite... In fact i often wondered if i had a pouch after all lol x

Oh having not had surgery if I was allowed too, I wouldn't of stopped at a basic bagel, I would of had the full monty and then be ready for a snack mid morning.

But I have changed my eating habits which I am trying to lose as much as I can for when I see the surgeon in June. Hopefully then he will give me my date.

Oh sorry I didnt see you were a pre opper then YAY WTG YOU!!! great will power you have done really well xx

I am doing ok, I am 8 weeks post op and the staff at the L & D are great.

Have you been on the milk diet yet?

well done you are nearly there, I had my refeed over Christmas :eek: and I was on it for 4 months, it was a killer by the end the old habits started coming back and I had to work really hard, I actually gained 2lb but managed to lose nearly a stone again before I saw the surgeon a week later as I was back on the milk 2 weeks pre op.

Good luck with it, you are doing well x

I felt like that too, I told myself I have lost so much already why do I need the op, but the refeed told me all I needed to know, it only took a couple of months before the bad habits started to creep back in, slowly at first AND it wasnt affecting the scales either so was even harder to realise what I was doing was bad!!!

I know I wasnt strong enough to keep going and making the right choices for the rest of my life thats why I was on the process of wls to begin with, but it is hard to tell your brain you need help and believe it
x

Yeah I know. I just think its taken me and doctors so much to get me there, if I say I can do it now, I will probably never get another chance.

I am now also having thoughts about, do I really need a bypass, would a band be better, why isnt it ever easy..lol

Back