• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

So pee'd off

Laura b

2011 a new begginning
Hi all sorry I know this ain't Wl related but I feel so pee'd off, on facebook the other day a friend wrote a status about how gross that 57 stone women on channel 4 was, and another friend wrote well wat do u expect wen we have something called the nhs who lets fat bas***ds eat them selves to death then get a free operation to make them lose the weight again with our money!!! Well I'm there only friend that has had an operation to lose weight so felt I had the right to comment well a few mates agreed with wat I said and said that the girl that wrote that shouldn't of wrote it, well the girls who status it was didn't take sides but has since made a joke about it and now keeps writing indirect statis's and I know they r about me, it's irritated me so much iv deleted Facebook,she was so supportive and a great friend through it all but she's just making a joke with my feelings I know her well and know she probably don't mean too but her status's and comments and jokes they've been doing since all this happened 2 days ago r really getting to me, she put a pack of sweets on early saying iv just scoffed all these trying to get to my target weight of 29 stone only 20 stone to go then others have commented and made a big joke of it all saying well just have a gastric band fitted luc to lose it all again! Just irritating me now sorry to rant ppl x

Well this is the second thread in as many days about so called friends on FB being snide if not downright nasty. Glad I only use it to keep in touch with my family in NZ. Ignore them, Laura ... when you are at target they will still be idiots :) xx

It's stuff like that that helps you find out who your real friends are. Don't let them get to you, chances are they're just jealous of the new you!! I've always been the token 'fat friend' and a few of my friends weren't very supportive about me having the bypass. Our skinny friends don't like it when we suddenly start giving them a run for their money ;)

H xx

we are all often confronted by these so called friends and after some soul searching over the last couple of weeks I have realised that they are just not worth getting upset over or annoyed.

I am 46 and ever since I was young people have felt they have a god given right to comment or make fun of me the fat person either directly or indirectly and it's time to let it go

this person is not worth your time or energy and you know you are better than them

omg what a horrible friend... dont delete facebook hun... delete her... supportive or not supportive, now she is being just mean... I have really found out who my real friends are the last few months... and my real friends have supported me all the way and wouldnt dream of doing anything like that... get rid hun she is so not worth the upset... and trust me.. you me dear will have the last laugh xxx big Rayne hugs to ya xxx

That horrible and plain nasty!!! Sorry hun big hugs x

Oh I know how you feel luv I deleted a few people on fb for being cruel like that, 1 a few days ago put on "omg I just saw a f***ing huge girl must have been at least 20stone having an argument with her fella cos he doesn't take her out anywhere... no wonder she's a whale" ... I was so annoyed shes meant to be my friends + I weigh a lot more than that so it cut me like a knife and I deleted her instantly ... I don't need it she laughed at me when I said it hurt me! Gggrrrrr fb is more trouble than its worth Xx

Sent from my HTC Hero using WLSurgery

Oh that's so horrible. I agree with the above- they can't be real friends to do that. Just try to surround yourself with possitive people who won't try to drag you down. Xxx

Thanks all for ur comments it lovely kind words, it's not so much my friend it's like her friends thT r commenting and making remarks Bout big ppl then her not even sticking up for me, but then making another status in the knowledge that ppl will comment and say things about 'fat' ppl!!! Iv lost almost 11 I was a couple lb of 25 stone at the start of my journey and obviously I ain't now but that was wat I was and I'll 100% stick up for others that have been or r over weight, they've had me in tears and I normally ain't one to get upset but they've right upset me x

aw thats horrible and very upsetting but try not to let it get u down they not worth it!, i no it can be easier sed than done.
you did this for u and no one else and no one unless overweight can no wot its like. smokers, druggies and alcoholics get help on nhs but they dont get slated. surround urself with some real friends and you'll soon feel better not everyones ignorant xxx hugs xxx

I am really lucky that I have never had anyone be nasty about my weight , well not that I know about . Even so I can imagine how hurtful it is , esp from a so called friend.
You have loads of support here & although you will probably never meet most of us , we all are your friends
Stay strong hunni xx

Thanks lady's, I love it here I always feel like iv known u all for yrs like ur real friends xxx

Hi all sorry I know this ain't Wl related but I feel so pee'd off, on facebook the other day a friend wrote a status about how gross that 57 stone women on channel 4 was, and another friend wrote well wat do u expect wen we have something called the nhs who lets fat bas***ds eat them selves to death then get a free operation to make them lose the weight again with our money!!! Well I'm there only friend that has had an operation to lose weight so felt I had the right to comment well a few mates agreed with wat I said and said that the girl that wrote that shouldn't of wrote it, well the girls who status it was didn't take sides but has since made a joke about it and now keeps writing indirect statis's and I know they r about me, it's irritated me so much iv deleted Facebook,she was so supportive and a great friend through it all but she's just making a joke with my feelings I know her well and know she probably don't mean too but her status's and comments and jokes they've been doing since all this happened 2 days ago r really getting to me, she put a pack of sweets on early saying iv just scoffed all these trying to get to my target weight of 29 stone only 20 stone to go then others have commented and made a big joke of it all saying well just have a gastric band fitted luc to lose it all again! Just irritating me now sorry to rant ppl x
gawd dont delete facebook, delete the stupid cow!!! Gggrrrr i had this the other day, it dont usually bother me either but it did lol forget them honey, you are worth so much more :) xxx

OMG Laura! You don't need friends like that hun - get rid.

My 'best friend' from 11 years old constantly criticised and laughed at me and it wasn't until she tried to ruin my hen night that I realised she was jealous. I cut her out of my life and have never looked back - people like that are toxic and you're much better off without them. I have a brand new group of friends since having children, all genuine people who I can be honest with and rely on - fair enough they're not those really close friends like the people I went to school with but they're far healthier relationships.

Move on hun - you deserve better x

awww hun, your going to see things like that on a daily basis, you will become stronger and remind yourself each time.........

you had an operation to help you lose weight....

unfortunately they cant have an operation to remove the ***** from them ;)

xx

Mrs Quiggle said:
Just remember Laura that very soon you'll be just as beautiful and also slim and healthy and they will still be horrible.

Delete them and add all of us. x

Lol think I'll have too ;-)

Laura, don't let the b*stards get you down.
For many of us to get WLS stage in our life is because food has taken over our life. It's an addiction we have to deal with, just like alcoholics do with booze, or drugs addicts to with narcotics. It's just our addiction is able to be fed everywhere we turn. At home, out, etc. and trust me food addiction kills a lot more people than the other two I mentioned. But unless someone has walked in our shoes, have been where we are, has failed to addiction, they won't understand. Many think we take the easy route. But I know, you know, what we've been through is not easy. And who cares what they think. At the end of the day we have two people to answer too - ourself and our maker. Everybody else frankly is irrelevant.
Trust me your friend will have a vice, a sore point that she hides or is conscious about. She has too for she is human.
Let her get on with it. Cos you saved your life at the end of the day and by doing so have enriched your life.
Finally so what if the NHs pays. They pay for lung cancer victims who spent their life smoking cigarettes. And so they should. It's a national health service. A service servicing our health and well being.
Be strong, stuff them and spend everyday celebrating this new gift of life you have!

im loving the positivity in this thread, Laura as Kate says... add as all to facebook.
Then me being the biatch i can be... add her again and let me put her in her place... please its not very often the biatch gets out lol xx

These people have no idea how there "jokes" and "little digs" hurt us, it makes me feel sad too. Anyone else noticed how we all have "really pretty faces" - "really bubbly personality" - "is sooo funny" and just because they pay us those empty complements they then feel they know us well enough and have the right to comment on our size, lifestyle and weight...how come as a society we are not allowed to be racist or ageist, yet it's still ok to be fatist?! Delete Delete Delete that so called friend, does she feel the same about people with lung cancer who have smoked I wonder! What a B**** !!

Back