• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

why cant things in life always be simple

julieann

I havent posted much on here lately as i have quite a demanding job and since returning after my band op the days seem to have flown by, but anyway i had to go and have my post op x ray on tuesday and all seemed to go really well until the doctor who did the x ray decided to try and crush me with the x ray machine ( he was in such a rush he wasnt even aware of what he had done until the nurse pointed out that he had pulled the machine down too far and that it was crushing my chest). I then had to take a mouthfull of this white stuff, hold it in my mouth until he said and then swallow it which i did then to be told that i hadnt taken enough of the drink so had to do it again, trouble was that i took so much down the second time round that it reallt hurt when i swallowed it. As far as i know the band is fine but i have had a lot of discomfort since and it got so bad today that i had to contact the wls group who i took an aftercare package out with and who i must add had nothing to do with the x ray, but they seem to thing that i probably have a lot of bruising so unfortunately i now have been adviced to go back on liquids for a couple of days until the swelling goes down. I dont mind too much but its bloody typical that i had only been on solid food since last saturday and it just feels that i am taking one step forward and two back, anyway sorry for the rant just a bit fed up that i was doing so well and now feel a bit like im back to square one:sigh:

Sounds like your having a rough time of it. That doctor should have been very apologetic. Even doctors have a bad day, hey. Try not to let it dishearten you too much, just think of the extra weight loss you will have going back to liquids for a few days. Try to keep the bigger picture in your mind. This time next year, this will be a distant memory and you will be loads lighter. Keep your chin up and take care of yourself, R x

Sorry you had such an awful experience hun. That stinks. However, you said that you have been doing well otherwise, right? Just try and hold onto that. As for the back up to liquids, that is a shame but it will happen from time to time. After each fill some regression is expected, also if you get a virus sometimes you have to go back to liquids. Just think of it as part of the process instead of a step back. It's more like a tiny detour which will be all the better after you get back on the road. Chin up, enjoy some of your successful healing and such.

Take care & feel better soon.;)

Thanks both of you for your comments, i know its just a small blip but it just comes hard when you just get the taste for proper food and i know that when i have my band fills i have to go back on to liquids but at least you can prepare yourself for that. But on a brighter not its happened and i just have to get on with it, i just hope that i dont have as much discomfort tomorrow because it really pulls you down when you are trying to work but feel under the weather. xx

I can relate to how you feel (working feelin under the weather). Im a childminder so work from home most of the time, which I enjoy. But as all of us these days Im findin it hard to make ends meet so have to work some eves and weekends in a supermarket. Even though they know Ive had surgery they still expect me to pull around the pallets of heavy stock, lift and bend a lot. The pain is immense. I have complained but they say its the nature of the work. So have to grin and bear it.

I think your really brave in your response about prep for liquids after fills, Thats the spirit. It is hard after just getting proper food back. I hope it all works out well for you and you dont get much discomfort tomorrow. Keep the faith. Kind regards R x

morning all, well at least i slept better last night but still have that really bruised feeling when i drink anything, hopefully it will get a little easier over the next couple of days. x

WLH be carefull i have only just returned to full duties as i was told no lifting etc for 6 weeks. I am a short break carer for children with disabilities. You are risking a herniea if you are experiancing pain whilst lifting etc. I know money is tight but it could cost more in the long run if you dont give yr body time to heal properly.
If i was in yr position i would be insisting on light duties or taking sick leave.
take care
HC

Well i'm keeping everything crossed that i maybe over the worst as the discomfort seems to be finally subsiding, but i am definately going to take things slowly over the next couple of days. I have been having iced drinks and sorbet which have really helped. xx

Oooh sorbet forgot about that, its nice and refreshing if I remember rightly....hope you do feel better soon chick....xx

I got the sorbet from morrisons a couple of weeks ago, its a lemon sorbet and is divine and of course low fat, but when i went tonight to buy some more they had sold out, typical!!

WLH be carefull i have only just returned to full duties as i was told no lifting etc for 6 weeks. I am a short break carer for children with disabilities. You are risking a herniea if you are experiancing pain whilst lifting etc. I know money is tight but it could cost more in the long run if you dont give yr body time to heal properly.
If i was in yr position i would be insisting on light duties or taking sick leave.
take care
HC

HC thank you for the advice. I had to take 2 weeks sick leave bcos they really did expect normal duties. I go back on Tues and will try to insist on light duties or hand in my notice. They need to understand that I need time to heal. It isnt my main income and if they are NOT going to be understanding about it, I can live without the money. Money isnt everything, my health is much more important to me.

Glad your feeling a bit better JA. Keep up the healing process.
Kind regards R x

WLH, are you having much discomfort since your op, because i must admit that even though i havent had any discomfort around the scar areas i have felt completely washed out since my op on the 13th nov, i dont know whether this is normal or if it just the fact that i have a very energetic job ( i am a court usher ) and am constantly running around. xx

JA I havent felt any whilst relaxing as told to by the wls team. I did go back to work too soon (4days post op) and they had me lifting wine cases and pulling heavy pallets of drinks out to stock the shelves with (even thou they knew Id had surgery 4 days previous and needed light duties). It hurt like hell and set me right back. ive since been on the sick fornearly 2weeks and i feel so much better. Just hope they understand I still cant do those things as It even hurts to pick up my 3yr old son.

I felt healed when I went bck to work as it hadnt hurt for a couple days and felt as long as it was light duties id be fine but the wls team knew best of course.

since resting i feel good as new.
kind regards R x

Everyone has a different healing rate and some do expereince tiredness for a bit (I did!) but as you are able to eat more you will eventually feel more energetic. Be patient and make sure you eat as much protein as you can manage because that is what your body uses as fuel & healing. You will feel good in no time, I'm sure.

;)

wlh, i had my band with wga and took and aftercare package out with the wls group and i must admit they have been absolutely fantastic with me, and like they said just make sure you rest plenty and take good care of yourself. xx

Yeah mine are fantastic too. I went with surgicare for both my band and aftercare. I could not praise them enough. They told me to rest up for a few weeks too.

Im my own worse enemy tho. I expect too much of myself all the time and this is just another example of it.

Take Care
R x

wlh, i agree i think i expect too much from myself as well, and even though i researched the op thoroughly i did think that it would be a walk in the park as it was only key hole surgery and even though some people sail through it and are up and about and back to work in a matter of days it doesnt work for all of us. Still, i have no regrets though. xx

wlh, i agree i think i expect too much from myself as well, and even though i researched the op thoroughly i did think that it would be a walk in the park as it was only key hole surgery and even though some people sail through it and are up and about and back to work in a matter of days it doesnt work for all of us. Still, i have no regrets though. xx

I have no regrets either. I am pleased with my weight loss so far and cant wait to see how i look in say 6mths or a year. I just need to work with it and get into my head its a lifestyle change and not a diet. Take care R x

Back