• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Why is it necessary to have 50 posts before contacting someone privately?

lucyh

Could someone tell me why it's necessary. I want to arrange a meeting with another person on the forum and I have to get those 50 in. Seems a lot.

Its just a rule thats always been in place Lucy where new members have to "earn" their priveleges. It helps to protect members from abuse and spam.

Its actually quite easy though to get to the 50 posts. Look for the word association threads and you'll soon hit the magic 50 posts that are needed.

:) try posting on the chit chat threads lots of games on there to add posts to ... they should rack up quite quickly playing them xx

Reactions: Bev
TWO WORDS....

Word association game!!......I even answered myself on that thread and hit my magic 50 in no time

There was another forum I used to participate in that didn't have the restriction, and lots of spammers joined up and started sending PMs to members, so they put a restriction of 100 posts. Like everyone else said, chit chat games :D

The bit I find a pain is not being able to contact new members via the pm system. There have been a couple I would have liked to contact and they have now disappeared. A shame really as maybe they could have been helped.

Most members can be contacted via the email me link on their profile, regardless of number of posts, so if you want to contact a new member that is always an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I to an trying to hit the magic fifty, the word association tip was good thanks, not sure I'm very good at it though ! Lol x

Nor me and spent an hour playing Bejewelled before I realised it didn't add to the posts!

Remember that privileges don't cone immediately once you reach 50. The server updates through the day and your access privileges will change on the next update, so it may take an hour or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Back