• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling of excitement gone! Why?

SHARONA

Can someone tell me if im feeling normal. I have been accepted for bypass and just waiting to see surgeon before my date. Im feeling very apprehensive that it wont work for me . I dont know if i can get my head around why i over eat and will i ever stop. I have just put on 5ibs in a week !!!!! How the hell im going to do liquid pre diet is beyond me. I really dont want to be one of those people that lose and put it all on and more. Please send me comments and ways i get my excitement back. Am i doomed to fail sorry for being negative but when things go easy for me i feel something going wrong. Ps worried about my liver splitting also when op is being done. Worried and down!

Oh poor you going through all those feelings!! I am not sure i can help you! I didnt have my op yet., not even approved to have one.. Nor did i do the pre op diet (milk one or similar. i am trying to do low carb and low sugar but with a lot higher cal intake than pre op) Still have a long way to go.. I just wanted to wish you goodluck! Hope you will find your strength!!

i keep fighting with the hunger every single day atm. Every minute to be honest. So i understand all your worries!! I am not quiet sure if that is my hormones or what that is playing up! (I have pcos and type 2 diabetes) But i just really have a great difficulty with that. I feel like i am starving even though i eat more than enough. And i am not talking crap foods. Yes i would have a treat now and then (but even then i try and pick some strawberries, sugar free jelly or i make some low fat/low sugar dessert).

Once again! Good luck!! Hope you will find the motivation and the strength that you need!

Maybe try and remember all the things why you wanted the surgery to start with? There must have been some reasons for you to apply for funding etc..maybe make a list? I know for me i was just at the point where i knew i cant live like i was anymore! My mobility was reducing, my health was giving up.. More and more problems were appearing so i just made the list of all of them that i would know where i dont want to be anymore.. If i forget in the future.. Maybe something similar would help?

Maybe you are just scared of the surgery itself as it is getting closer and more real? As there will be no way back! Maybe you just need to realise that most of the worries and scares you feel are normal? Maybe there is a pre op support group you can go to? I am sure lots of people have similar feelings. Maybe knowing you are not the only one like that would help?

Last edited:
For many of us when it came to pre-op diet the adrenaline buzz came back and it wasn't as difficult as we feared - I know I was dreading it !! - so don't automatically think you will struggle.

Likewise, I still could not put a finger on why I used to overeat but the first 6 months post-op when eating was a 'suck it and see journey' really did help me to get in to better habits.

Please, please, please don't take this as any sort of criticism as I really don't mean it to be. You sound like somebody who has less faith in yourself than everybody around you does. You voice quite a lot of negative feelings about your ability to do what's needed, very critical of yourself.

May I suggest you sit down and right a list of all the good and positive things about you. Not a negative thing in site. Not a pro list and a con list but purely a positive list. Things you have achieved throughout your life. And I want you to take the blinkers off and be honest with yourself. It's amazing how many of us put on blinkers so we DON'T see what we have achieved. Even if it's just knowing you cheered someone up by giving them a smile.

Once you have this list, read through it over and over until it sinks in that you ARE this positive woman who can do whatever she wants - and negative Norah is sitting in that other list that ISN'T going to be written.

You WILL get through the pre-op diet, you WILL get through surgery ok and exactly one year after surgery you will be posting a First Surgiversary post with lots of amazing pictures xx

Congrats on getting the go ahead hunni :) that's fab news, you think you should be over the moon now......... but totally understand :) its like this huge fight for years to get help and finally when it comes around that feeling of taking breath hits and a feeling of loss because there is no longer that fight to fight everyday.
Stay strong and focused cos the fight isn't over yet hunni :) one last push to see the surgeon and get your date...... don't allow this period of waiting allow you to fall back into old eating habits........... is so easy to do :)
Don't stress about the pre op or post op yet hun, that's another hurdle to cross when you get there :) BUT trust this op will work, you can and will do the pre op ...... were all behind you routing you all the way :)
Getting your head around it all will fall into place eventually, if it worry's you, see you gp, see if they can help with some counseling, its really helping me :)

Hugs in the meantime sweetness x x x remember stay strong and wd x you can do this x x x

Well done you for starting to address these feelings now. I have seen you fight for two years for this op hon, and stress is a huge factor and eating is the autonomic response. I found during my liquid diet I just kept thinking about how I wanted the op. It got me through it. And post op all the strategies I'd put into place really helped. I would totally recommend googling and reading some stuff from the world according to eggface. Really useful things there. You are asking the right questions and I have faith that you'll be really successful

Aw hunni I think a lot of people have similar feelings, I always thought I'd be the one that the op didn't work for and I'd not lose ANY weight, well 7 months on and over 8st down I am so thankful I was wrong :)
Don't be afraid to ask any questions and air any feelings you have everyones so helpful :D

Well done on getting date for your surgery looking at the post there's some sound advice am just starting my journey and I have 100 emotions but what I think is you need to ask yourself why you want this like ? us all on this forum am sure, your tired of being overweight I can't imagine living with this for the rest of my life I want to take control and start living just keep positive xxx

Llora Thank you for the kind wishes its very hard isnt it? I think you may be right I am frightened!Best wishes in your journey.Lincs Lass Thanks I dont take it as a criticism If we cant learn from our mistakes and others then we shouldnt post . Im sure there are many like me I just like to voice my inner thoughts and feelings I do know I can be a pessimistic person but hopefully with in time when my weight goes it will make me a much stronger confident and positive individual .
Crystalrainbow Thank you so much I think you are right its been along time coming and I have had to fight so hard along side my doctor and possibly now i dont really need to fight and Im frightened . I will stay strong and give it my all I hope that you will continue to support me in my struggle. Yvessa thanks could you tell me which one to look at "the world according to egg face" there are so many and not sure its the right one. I will stay focused you are an inspiration and i know if you can do it I can to.Butterfly_lady thanks you have done so well any tips send my way please.vain welcome and hoping your journey is an easy one there are so many great tips on this forum and its all about learning from one another whether its the negatives or the positives. We all have our ups and downs but the end result is the greatest reward cant wait its been so long since I was slim going to get a note book and write a lot of things down from what i have learnt from this forum. Keep in touch and let me know how your doing.

Will do Hun you sound positive and I guess there will be ups and downs and just thankful am on the road being over weight makes me feel trapped in this body with aches pains finally I can see light at the end of the tunnel and it's slimmer x

I went through doubt also doubt in me, doubt in the team but found other people a great help to bolster my thoughts. My dietician prepared me very well for all the changes. When it came to pre-op time (surgery next week) I was ready to take it all head on

The road to surgery can be a long & sometimes lonely rollercoaster ride, I am sure most of us went through every emotion going on our journey (emotions dont disappear post op either)

The fact that you are recognising areas of problem is a good start & you are asking the right people.... chin up you will get your head round it all eventually... its a major decision to have surgery its bound to come with stress & tears *hugs*

Llora Thank you for the kind wishes its very hard isnt it? I think you may be right I am frightened!Best wishes in your journey.Lincs Lass Thanks I dont take it as a criticism If we cant learn from our mistakes and others then we shouldnt post . Im sure there are many like me I just like to voice my inner thoughts and feelings I do know I can be a pessimistic person but hopefully with in time when my weight goes it will make me a much stronger confident and positive individual .
Crystalrainbow Thank you so much I think you are right its been along time coming and I have had to fight so hard along side my doctor and possibly now i dont really need to fight and Im frightened . I will stay strong and give it my all I hope that you will continue to support me in my struggle. Yvessa thanks could you tell me which one to look at "the world according to egg face" there are so many and not sure its the right one. I will stay focused you are an inspiration and i know if you can do it I can to.Butterfly_lady thanks you have done so well any tips send my way please.vain welcome and hoping your journey is an easy one there are so many great tips on this forum and its all about learning from one another whether its the negatives or the positives. We all have our ups and downs but the end result is the greatest reward cant wait its been so long since I was slim going to get a note book and write a lot of things down from what i have learnt from this forum. Keep in touch and let me know how your doing.
theworldaccordingtoeggface

This is the main homepage.

theworldaccordingtoeggface: For pre-ops

And this is the bit that is really useful if you're preop.

Back