• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

why just half a pound

cindy1

Hi all, I'm into my 3rd week post op. I lost 37lbs pre op, then 4lbs 1st week post op, 7lbs the 2nd week but have only lost 0.5lbs this week and have done nothing different. Can someone explain why this should be. I have good restriction still and am never hungry and drink 2l fluid every day, and I am regular now so cant explain the drop in weight loss. I am losing inches though as have gone down 3 dress sizes in tops and 1 size in bottoms so not all is bad (except I have gone down a back and cup size in my bra, and I was never very big in that department before lol )x

I don't know Cindy except that I've seen in other threads that this happens. Sometimes for more than a few weeks.
You gotta stay strong hunny,try measuring yourself, some weeks you lose inches instead of pounds xxx

As has been said in other posts, sometimes our bodies think we are starving (especially after dropping some weight dieting) and our defence mechanism is to hold onto our surplus stock. I'm guessing your body is holding onto the surplus stock. Keep the faith, keep doing what you're doing and eventually your body will surrender and you will win the battle xxx

Cindy I'm a real obsessive weigher and I'm trying so hard not to weigh myself at every opportunity anymore (used to weigh in the morning, when i got home from work, before bed, and during the night!).

I think weighing myself less often makes me feel a little better each time I step on the scale. Has your hospital told you to weigh each week? Everyone seems to have these 'stalls' so perhaps weighing fortnightly will suit you better till you get through this. That's what I'm going to try to do anyway.

Hi all, I'm into my 3rd week post op. I lost 37lbs pre op, then 4lbs 1st week post op, 7lbs the 2nd week but have only lost 0.5lbs this week and have done nothing different. Can someone explain why this should be. I have good restriction still and am never hungry and drink 2l fluid every day, and I am regular now so cant explain the drop in weight loss. I am losing inches though as have gone down 3 dress sizes in tops and 1 size in bottoms so not all is bad (except I have gone down a back and cup size in my bra, and I was never very big in that department before lol )x

Cindy1,

Hi. I've been pondering this since you posted it earlier on.

I have to be honest, totally honest; I'm not a bypasser OR a bander (yet), but I see that there is a slight obsessiveness about weight loss in your post. From what I can tell you need to chillax.

You're 3 weeks post op i.e. you had your operation the week before the week before last. The reason why I stress the "week before last" thing is because I'm trying to impress upon you how soon it's been since your operation. A month as yet to pass since you were under the surgeons knife. You're not even yet eligible for your first fill. It's not feasible to consistently lose 7Ibs per week - your body is a finely tuned machine that has much more to do than just lose weight.

Additionally hormones etc. can play a big role, in my case my weight losses and gains over a month are partly homone attributed ... I can easily put on 4Ibs the week before my TOTM for instance.

So all I am saying is when you ask "how can it be?" accept it as part of the wonder of the human body; you're losing inches but not losing weight - it's no bad thing. Don't get hung up on the scales instead look towards the bigger picture. Getting hung up on the scales is not constructive it's simply destructive. Remember there are body builders who are technically clinically obese!

Keep up the good work and don't worry about the scales.

Ciao :)

initially banders only lose weight in the 1st couple of weeks due to restrictive swelling when that goes weight loss stops until the fill process begins usually at week 6, then its only expected a weight loss of 1-2llbs a week if the effort and hard work is put in, banding is a slow process weight loss wise, but be patient it will happen soon at a regular 1-2llbs loss a week x

Hi all I have just been and weighed again as on hol Mon and wanted to see what I was before, to see if I put on any while away, and I have lost 9lbs can you beleive it. x

well done cindy! Have a great holiday!

Well I'm back and had a great relaxing time, ate lots of things I shouldn,t (fish, chips and pea fritter,candy floss) but only in small amounts and weighed myself fully expecting to have put on a bit even though it was small amounts, as it is very differant foods to what I had been eating , but an very happy to say that I have lost another lb this week. So I would say a LITTLE of what you fancy now and again doesn't do anyone any harm. x

Back