• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Mush

PinkDaisy

I will do it this time!
Hi Guys,

I am on day 7 of liquids after my op and in a weeks time I will be on mush/puree. Can I ask you experienced banders how it felt the first time you went onto mush/puree

I dont feel any different when im drinking shakes and eating soup and have no different feeling because I have no restriction yet, will I feel different when it goes onto more lumpy food types in the mushy stage?

Also I have been told to stick to things like cottage pie, fish pie, mash potato, is their a set amount for how much of this to eat, I have bought some ready meals like fish pie and cottage pie but should I be eating half of it, quarter of it, all of it??

Because Im not feeling restriction on the liquids im worried when It comes to mush if I still have no restriction I could be overeating.

Thanks in advance guys xx

I think all these questions are valuable to us all, as i would'nt have know either what amounts so thanks for that Mia

Hi Pink

Colleen told me to serve no more and gradually whilst on this stage work upto 5 tablespoons, there was absolutly no way I could eat that much though. Everyone is different though some maybe able to manage that much and some will be restricted still from the op.

Colleen will be able to offer you the best advice for you x

at 1st i could eat half a cottage pie with gravy no problem, just take it slowly and eat slow, you wont have any restriction so i cant see there being a prob xxx

i was managing 1/3rd of ready meal with gravy.
its so nice to move on to this stage.
good luck

mmmmmmmm mash n gravy was so nice i appreciated every bit :rolleyes:

How long did it take for you to move from liquids to mash, mine is 2 weeks and its killing me! Im 9 days through the 14 now :'(

hi pink i was 2 weeks as well but if you phone colleen and tell her your struggling she may be able to help i was talking to her nearly everyday thats why shes there ,and what you have paid for !!!!! xxh

Back