• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

will I be declined???

Blimey - I wonder why they give it to someone so light/just in the overweight category? Surely there is a risk of them becoming underweight? :confused:

That was my first thought. When I think of her now I feel sad, I think she is definitely going to have this issue. She just didn't have enough outside fat for a bypass or even a sleeve/band/wrap

That was my first thought. When I think of her now I feel sad, I think she is definitely going to have this issue. She just didn't have enough outside fat for a bypass or even a sleeve/band/wrap

She may have had something that WLS cures. Or a need to quickly get into a healthy BMI range. Like for a certain treatment etc. Talking off the top of my head lol

She may have had something that WLS cures. Or a need to quickly get into a healthy BMI range. Like for a certain treatment etc. Talking off the top of my head lol

Yeah Fuffs she must of. Its just you hear of people who can't stop losing weight and being so small is a recipe for disaster. She didnt even look overweight but she must still be for them to give her the op.

I think with some people their weight can be deceptive I think taller people spread their weight better. I'm short and fat and don't hide a single pound lol. I think I will know more on 7th when I go to see the dietician and bariatric nurse. In the meantime I will have to try and maintain my weight. X

The nurses on my post op ward told me at 6ft 2 and 38/39 BMI I didn't look bariatric lol

I must have done though.

It's strange. Not sure of a defo reason x

Just wondered how you got on pink Princess on the 7th? I am in the same boat. Had 41 bmi now just shy of 40. I'm currently going to weight watchers but scared to lose any more weight. My first apt is probably not till June :(

Hi new dawn it all went ok they said ive done really eell to loose what I have and asked me a load of questions. The dietician did try saying you've 'only' another 5 stone to lose is it really worth. But I told her yes it is because if I dont have some form of intervention then I will put weight back on and more plus the fact that there is a very high number of cancer cases in my family including my dad who is only 53 who as had a brain tumour and 2 bladder tumours. At the end of the appointment the bariatric nurse did say try not to put any weight on because it will keep risks to a minimum. I've got my appointment with the phycologist on 2nd april and the bariatric nurse said if all is ok she will aim to get me an appointment to see the surgeon the following thursday. I think if amyone says no it will be him. However I'm going away on tuesday and food is included so ive got a feeling my weight will sneak up a little I'm not going to eat stupidly but I'm not going to deny my self a little of something I fancy. I'm sure what I put on will come off on the pre op diet anyway. I'll keep you informed as things go along x

Back