• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Will I ever be able to eat Salad

JayHobbs

Slowly Shrinking
I know its odd, but I am really missing salad!

I am only 19 days post op and am on very soft mushy food at the moment.

I never asked about salad. Will I ever be able to eat it again? :cry:

I didn't eat it for 12 weeks but since then I eat it every day so you'll be fine x

Im 8 weeks and tomato skin sticks so peel them,lettuce and the rest is ok in small bits well chewed.Celery isnt recommended cause its fiborous.Cant stand it so wont miss that!Ive only had bits and look forward like you to enjoying a nice salad!

omg i'll have an excuse never to eat salad again. Brilliant!

Not only will you be able to eat salad again but it reduces to nothing in your pouch, therefore if you go out for a meal its excellent as we are able to eat as much of it as anyone else x

When you say it gets stuck what do you mean??? I know that question sounds silly but I expected to feel stuff the same as you but everything is going down fine??? Can you explain to me please???

It took me several months before i could eat salad - or any raw food, it just wouldn't go down properly. I'm fine with it now though. Still keeping away from fruit though x

yep, i love a nice salad now - have had lettuce, tomato, peppers, red onion, celery and cucumber in various salads with no problems. I grind some chilli over it too just to pep it up a bit lol

When food gets stuck, you can almost feel it like a pressure on your sternum, if this happens you will eventually go and throw up (unless you are lucky enough to sleep it away).

As for eating as much salad as the next person??? Not in this lifetime for me. I can eat a ham sandwich (two pieces of white bread) and probably a muller yoghurt for lunch and feel fine, or i can have one of those takeaway pots (like your chinese comes in) with a bit of green leaf, a tomato, an inch of cucumber an egg and a couple of slices of ham (wafer thin) and i won't finish it and it will be there for a good couple of hours before i have a drink... Salad fills me...

Big n bouncy? Who said no celery? Or do you mean early days? Because i and other bypassers have celery, i actually like it now, with balsamic vinegar anyways...

When food gets stuck, you can almost feel it like a pressure on your sternum, if this happens you will eventually go and throw up (unless you are lucky enough to sleep it away).

As for eating as much salad as the next person??? Not in this lifetime for me. I can eat a ham sandwich (two pieces of white bread) and probably a muller yoghurt for lunch and feel fine, or i can have one of those takeaway pots (like your chinese comes in) with a bit of green leaf, a tomato, an inch of cucumber an egg and a couple of slices of ham (wafer thin) and i won't finish it and it will be there for a good couple of hours before i have a drink... Salad fills me...

Big n bouncy? Who said no celery? Or do you mean early days? Because i and other bypassers have celery, i actually like it now, with balsamic vinegar anyways...

Wow I can eat salad all day isn't it strange how differently our bypass affects us x

I'm really glad that different people are experiencing different feelings!! I thought it would be the same for all so I thought I was doing something wrong!!

i am now 12 weeks post op (bypass) i have been having salads for about 6 weeks now ...yummy!!!
i have apples, but i can not eat oranges, satsumas they make me feell awful x

I missed it too and I know your pain...give yourself a few more weeks and you will be munching it again!

Great news, Last night I tried some chopped salad tossed in low fat yoghurt & mint.

I only managed a tablespoon. chewed it really well and took my time.

Went down no problems.. I am a megga happy bunny!

Back