• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

PCT Funding at the Whittington...

Meggie

Hi,
To all the people who had their ops at the Whittington, how long did you have to wait to hear about the funding part? Is it something they apply for after your initial group appointment? I can't wait to hear either way.........I am still quite early into my application process but just trying to find out the ins and outs of the application process at the Whittington!!

Thanks

Ellen

Hi,
To all the people who had their ops at the Whittington, how long did you have to wait to hear about the funding part? Is it something they apply for after your initial group appointment? I can't wait to hear either way.........I am still quite early into my application process but just trying to find out the ins and outs of the application process at the Whittington!!

Thanks

Ellen

Hi Ellen i was told that when we see the consultant they will apply for our funding and then it just depends on ur pct. My pct Enfield told me that from the time the consultant applies i should get an answer within 4 weeks .
Take care luv Roch xxx

It really depends on who your PCT is, my PCT Greenwich basically give approval when they make the referral. However having been to the Whittington group session they did say certain PCT's were tougher than others, I think they said Haringey were particularly difficult. Who are you with?

word of warning here - after 4 months of not hearing and chasing and chasing and chasing the Whittington, I called Barnet PCT to be told that they had never received my funding application from the hospital. Basically the bariatric coordinator Lorna had not done her job - anyway the PCT screamed at the Whittington, the application was emailed straight over (this was on a Friday afternoon) and by the following Monday I had a phonecall from the PCT confirming funding! So whilst I cannot answer your answer regarding Camden, keep on top of your application once you have met the consultant and its been applied for - suggest you bypass Lorna and go straight to Kirsten - give it a month from initial consultation with surgeon to start chasing!

It really depends on who your PCT is, my PCT Greenwich basically give approval when they make the referral. However having been to the Whittington group session they did say certain PCT's were tougher than others, I think they said Haringey were particularly difficult. Who are you with?

I have been told the opposite lol been told that Harringey are good and enfield are b*****ds lol x

Lol! Well I live in Brent but am going through Camden for some reason........I think Camden are easier to get funding, or at least that's what I'm hoping!!! I got my confirmation letter for my appointment on the 27th of August yesterday so am very nervous and excited now as it seems more real. How pathetic is that!!! It's just a letter for god's sakes!!! Hahahahahahha!!!

Lol! Well I live in Brent but am going through Camden for some reason........I think Camden are easier to get funding, or at least that's what I'm hoping!!! I got my confirmation letter for my appointment on the 27th of August yesterday so am very nervous and excited now as it seems more real. How pathetic is that!!! It's just a letter for god's sakes!!! Hahahahahahha!!!

Lol i know how u feel as i feel the same way. Is ur app for the info meeting or have u had that already.
Thats good if Camden are easier to get funding thats good news.
Am hoping that my funding wont be a prob as my bmi is 61 and have other co morbidities.
My pct criteria is anyone over bmi 35 with co morbidities and 40 bmi over if none.
Do u know what Camden pct guidelines are if not u might be able to check it out on the Bospa site they have a list of alot of the pct`s and their criteria.
Take care hun xxx

It is for the initial appointment. Roll on the 27th!!!

Sadly no. Have sent you a PM!! Ridiculous system!!!

No worries. I'm so happy that you were able to get the appointment! One less month to wait!! Obviously it would have been nice to go on Thursday but it was not to be! I'm just cross at the system as I'm wondering how many other people are having to wait unnecessarily when there are appointments free. Obviously my op isn't exactly the be-all-and-end-all but I'd rather get it done asap. It's stupid to have to wait because of the online system!!!

No worries. I'm so happy that you were able to get the appointment! One less month to wait!! Obviously it would have been nice to go on Thursday but it was not to be! I'm just cross at the system as I'm wondering how many other people are having to wait unnecessarily when there are appointments free. Obviously my op isn't exactly the be-all-and-end-all but I'd rather get it done asap. It's stupid to have to wait because of the online system!!!

Def agree with you there hun it is silly i wonder 2. Its so nice to for you to think of me u really made me smile today and am having a crappy day as am mega stressed due to money worries and then came ur pm :D:D:D:D
Take care hun and chat soon and have a good night xxx

I'm just glad it worked out!! I couldn't remember who had the appointment, just that someone had one on the 30th! Took a while to find you but am so glad you didn't miss out!! How annoying would that be, knowing you nearly got one so much quicker!!! Was just lucky I decided to call Kirsten!!! Lovely lady!!!

I'm just glad it worked out!! I couldn't remember who had the appointment, just that someone had one on the 30th! Took a while to find you but am so glad you didn't miss out!! How annoying would that be, knowing you nearly got one so much quicker!!! Was just lucky I decided to call Kirsten!!! Lovely lady!!!

Lol how come you had Kirsteins number and u have not met her yet have u got inside info lol xx

Hahaha no. I'm just special!! Or annoying and bug people. Either way, it might have cut a month off my wait so wooooooooohoooooooooooooo!!!!

Hahaha no. I'm just special!! Or annoying and bug people. Either way, it might have cut a month off my wait so wooooooooohoooooooooooooo!!!!

Lol i think the bariatric co ordinator already must be sick and tired of me lol.
Have a good night hun xxx

Back